Switching from Plua to another app

burkemat
I tried building a library with libkit that allows you to invoke
either SysAppLaunch or SysUIAppSwitch.

The former function launches a new application and when it exits,
returns control to your app.  You can use this function, for example,
to have the contacts app lookup a phone number for your application.

For various reasons I didn't expect it to work.  And it doesn't.

SysUIAppSwitch closes down your app and starts a different app.  It
does this by informing the OS which app to startup and then it sends
an AppStop event to the current program.

I thought this would work.  But it doesn't.  Anybody familiar with the
OS and have some ideas?

Matt

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Switching from Plua to another app

bh77a-2
With the SysUIAppSwitch command, have you tried sending the AppStop
event to the Plua/PluaRT app?  Might be worth trying...

On Apr 18, 2006, at 6:03 PM, burkemat wrote:

> I tried building a library with libkit that allows you to invoke
> either SysAppLaunch or SysUIAppSwitch.
>
> The former function launches a new application and when it exits,
> returns control to your app.  You can use this function, for example,
> to have the contacts app lookup a phone number for your application.
>
> For various reasons I didn't expect it to work.  And it doesn't.
>

> SysUIAppSwitch closes down your app and starts a different app.  It
> does this by informing the OS which app to startup and then it sends
> an AppStop event to the current program.
>
> I thought this would work.  But it doesn't.  Anybody familiar with the
> OS and have some ideas?
>
> Matt
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Switching from Plua to another app

migueletto

> SysUIAppSwitch closes down your app and starts a different app.  It
> does this by informing the OS which app to startup and then it sends
> an AppStop event to the current program.
>
> I thought this would work.  But it doesn't.  Anybody familiar with the
> OS and have some ideas?

Application finishing in Plua is a little complicated internally. But
if you can provide the library code, I can try to find what is happening.

Regards,
Marcio.