Status?

Tim Michals-2
Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new fixes in the main tree?  I've seen some other web sites trying to release an updated luabind, is ther any status on that?

The other season of giving begins 6/24/08. Check out the i’m Talkathon. Check it out!

Re: Status?

Arvid Norberg-2
Tim Michals wrote:
> Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new fixes in
> the main tree?  I've seen some other web sites trying to release an
> updated luabind, is ther any status on that?

If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
contact me or daniel.

--
Arvid Norberg

Re: Status?

Dan Posluns-2
I'd be interested in helping... I've been able to write a couple of
policy classes... I find the majority of the code to be inscrutable,
however. Is there any developer documentation available?

Dan.

> Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new fixes in
> the main tree?  I've seen some other web sites trying to release an
> updated luabind, is ther any status on that?

If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
contact me or daniel.

--
Arvid Norberg

Re: Status?

Tim Michals-2

I'm interested, I had to do some merging of code between all of the versions, to get a build going on boost 1.35...

> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:52:30 +0200

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [luabind] Status?
>
> Tim Michals wrote:
> > Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new fixes in
> > the main tree? I've seen some other web sites trying to release an
> > updated luabind, is ther any status on that?
>
> If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
> contact me or daniel.
>
> --
> Arvid Norberg

Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

Re: Status?

Tony Kostanjsek
Tim,

could you please detail the changes you had to perform?
I'm still on boost 1.34 and couldn't use any of the luabind non-trunk
versions, and trunk only worked with minor changes, with lua 5.1.3 and
XCode 3.1/gcc 4.x  that is.
Regarding luabind maintenance, I might be able to look into a few
things, but I doubt I have the time and knowledge to proclaim myself a
true wannabe-maintainer.
What happened to porterj who did the last commits on branches?

regards,
Tony

Am 11.07.2008 um 23:14 schrieb Tim Michals:

> I'm interested, I had to do some merging of code between all of the
> versions, to get a build going on boost 1.35...
>

> > Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:52:30 +0200
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [luabind] Status?
> >
> > Tim Michals wrote:
> > > Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new
> fixes in
> > > the main tree? I've seen some other web sites trying to release an
> > > updated luabind, is ther any status on that?
> >
> > If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
> > contact me or daniel.
> >
> > --
> > Arvid Norberg

> Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the
> i'm Talkathon.

Re: Status?

James Porter-2
Tony Kostanjsek wrote:
> What happened to porterj who did the last commits on branches?

I'm still around, though I was on vacation and then my ISP's SMTP server
mysteriously decided to stop sending any messages. (Assuming you're
reading this), everything should be back to normal though.

On that note, where are we with releasing 0.7.1? As I recall, the only
tickets that remained were related to miscellaneous compliance issues (I
think Solaris was one of the problem platforms). Can we move those to
0.8, in the interests of getting 0.7.1 out the door? I'd rather see a
small release with minimal changes than continue requiring everyone to
download the SVN trunk to use Luabind with Lua 5.1.3.

- Jim

Re: Status?

Tony Kostanjsek
it's definitely getting too late ... naturally, I meant I'm using
luabind 0.7 (not trunk or any branch/tag) with lua 5.1.3. and boost
1.34. That was the only combination I could get to compile with minor
tweaks.
I'd also be in favor of a cleaned up 0.7.1 release that catches up
with current lua/boost releases. Is that feasible?

best,
Tony

Am 12.07.2008 um 04:26 schrieb Tony Kostanjsek:

> Tim,
>
> could you please detail the changes you had to perform?
> I'm still on boost 1.34 and couldn't use any of the luabind non-trunk
> versions, and trunk only worked with minor changes, with lua 5.1.3 and
> XCode 3.1/gcc 4.x  that is.
> Regarding luabind maintenance, I might be able to look into a few
> things, but I doubt I have the time and knowledge to proclaim myself a
> true wannabe-maintainer.
> What happened to porterj who did the last commits on branches?
>
> regards,
> Tony
>
> Am 11.07.2008 um 23:14 schrieb Tim Michals:
>

>> I'm interested, I had to do some merging of code between all of the
>> versions, to get a build going on boost 1.35...
>>

>>> Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:52:30 +0200
>>> From: [hidden email]
>>> To: [hidden email]
>>> Subject: Re: [luabind] Status?

>> fixes in
>>>
>>> If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
>>> contact me or daniel.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Arvid Norberg

>> Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the
>> i'm Talkathon.

Re: Status?

Daniel Wallin
Arvid Norberg wrote:
> Tim Michals wrote:
>> Is there any progress on updating or merging of posting new fixes in
>> the main tree?  I've seen some other web sites trying to release an
>> updated luabind, is ther any status on that?
>
> If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
> contact me or daniel.

To everyone replying to this thread that they are interested in helping
out: contact me off-list and I'll give out subversion commit access.
I've outlined the development process before in a thread called
"Revitalizing Luabind".

Basically, pretty much anyone can get write access to the repository,
but only the moderators can merge to trunk and release branches. So the
process is: 1. create a branch to work on, 2. do your thing, 3. issue a
merge request. We'll review the code, suggest changes if necessary, and
do the merge.

--
Daniel Wallin
BoostPro Computing

Re: Status?

Daniel Wallin
James Porter wrote:

> Tony Kostanjsek wrote:
>> What happened to porterj who did the last commits on branches?
>
> I'm still around, though I was on vacation and then my ISP's SMTP server
> mysteriously decided to stop sending any messages. (Assuming you're
> reading this), everything should be back to normal though.
>
> On that note, where are we with releasing 0.7.1? As I recall, the only
> tickets that remained were related to miscellaneous compliance issues (I
> think Solaris was one of the problem platforms). Can we move those to
> 0.8, in the interests of getting 0.7.1 out the door? I'd rather see a
> small release with minimal changes than continue requiring everyone to
> download the SVN trunk to use Luabind with Lua 5.1.3.

Yes, absolutely, go ahead and move tickets to 0.8. I created a branch
for 0.7.1 from trunk just now. I think we should focus on getting that
stable so we can get it out the door ASAP.

--
Daniel Wallin
BoostPro Computing

Re: Status?

Tim Michals-2
Yes, I need to pull out the old tree and just give you a diff, some were how the defines were done in class.hpp

This was for gcc, windows compiled out of the box.

And also added a function isOpen.  One of the issues had had is reentrancy with LuaBind..  For example, sometimes
I was doing a call directory to register the class, ie for Unit tests, other times I loaded a Lua script.

Could not find a simple function to check if it was already bound...

I agree, have a time constraints myself, but, will try and make something happen...

> From: [hidden email]

> To: [hidden email]
> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 04:26:35 +0200
> Subject: Re: [luabind] Status?
>
> Tim,
>
> could you please detail the changes you had to perform?
> I'm still on boost 1.34 and couldn't use any of the luabind non-trunk
> versions, and trunk only worked with minor changes, with lua 5.1.3 and
> XCode 3.1/gcc 4.x that is.
> Regarding luabind maintenance, I might be able to look into a few
> things, but I doubt I have the time and knowledge to proclaim myself a
> true wannabe-maintainer.
> What happened to porterj who did the last commits on branches?
>
> regards,
> Tony
>
> Am 11.07.2008 um 23:14 schrieb Tim Michals:
>

> > I'm interested, I had to do some merging of code between all of the
> > versions, to get a build going on boost 1.35...
> >

> > > Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:52:30 +0200
> > > From: [hidden email]
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > > Subject: Re: [luabind] Status?

> > fixes in
> > >
> > > If anyone is interested in helping out maintaining luabind, please
> > > contact me or daniel.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Arvid Norberg

> > Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the
> > i'm Talkathon.

Stay in touch when you're away with Windows Live Messenger. IM anytime you're online.