Req: field events - Enter key etc

David McNab
Hi,

Unless I'm missing something in the Plua manual, there seems to be no
way to intercept keystrokes on fields.

What I'm wanting in particular is to handle Enter key events.

Additional support for other keys such as Backspace, Cut/Copy/Paste as
well as all keystrokes would be nice if possible.

Any possibility of this?

Cheers
David

(sorry to be constantly asking for things - if it weren't for the lack
of source code and the ban on reverse engineering, I'd add such
features myself and send in patches).

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Req: field events - Enter key etc

migueletto
Hi,

> Unless I'm missing something in the Plua manual, there seems to be no
> way to intercept keystrokes on fields.
>
> What I'm wanting in particular is to handle Enter key events.
>
> Additional support for other keys such as Backspace, Cut/Copy/Paste as
> well as all keystrokes would be nice if possible.
>
> Any possibility of this?

Keydown events on fields are not intercepted by Plua. They are handled
to the default Field event handler, so that the field is updated
correctly.

Regards,
Marcio.