Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
25 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

Philippe Verdy


Le jeu. 27 juin 2019 à 21:30, Jim <[hidden email]> a écrit :
27.06.2019, 20:26, "Philippe Verdy" <[hidden email]>:
> No, it's a replaced alias for my real gmail, and it has nothing
> to do with a birth date or subscription date.

so it was you who sent that mails. you successfully fooled us.

> It may be an alias created by this mailing list
> (to protect the privacy of subscribers), or possibly by Google

very possible it is the latter.
why are you posting thru their servers ?

I am NOT posting thu their servers but directly from the Gmail web UI.

You and me have been confused by the name (that's why I questioned the list to know if they created such alias for me, but visibly they did not confirm it).

I had doubts, so I performed the test by writing directly to it (and Gmail delivered it to that person, not to me).

But I don't own this gmail account or its avatar.
i am very interested in the puzzle's solution.
what about posting directly via the gmail.com "basic" webinterface ?

That's what I do constantly, with a secure connection on an up to date OS and browser and multiple security layers (including corporate supervision and authentication of the machine by Microsoft as well).

If you have doubts, contact Gmail for verifications (if my Gmail account is the same owner as this "v": there's evidence now that this is a very different user located elsewhere in Russia but not in France like me; I've not forged anything, and I have found no evidence that "v" would have forged their Gmail account, it is most probably authentic as well).

My Gmail account is authenticated and completely secured (as much as what Google proposes), with very strong unique password (machine generated, renewed regularly, and confiuref with 2FA with their Authentication application on my smartphone).

I even looked online to pass the latest security check and all is "OK" for them.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

Jim-2
27.06.2019, 21:48, "Philippe Verdy" <[hidden email]>:
> I am NOT posting thu their servers but directly from the Gmail web UI.

why do you use the wanadoo.fr address then ?

> You and me have been confused by the name

i wonder why your gmail address is not used when directly
sending mails from there. that is indeed a bit confusing.

> I had doubts, so I performed the test by writing directly to it
> (and Gmail delivered it to that person, not to me).

> But I don't own this gmail account or its avatar.

the avatar picture is very important here ... :D

> That's what I do constantly, with a secure connection on an
> up to date OS and browser and multiple security layers
> (including corporate supervision and authentication of the
> machine by Microsoft as well).

what can go wrong on a machine directly "supervised" by M$ ? :D

> If you have doubts, contact Gmail for verifications
> (if my Gmail account is the same owner as this "v":
> there's evidence now that this is a very different user located
> elsewhere in Russia but not in France like me; I've not forged anything,
> and I have found no evidence that "v" would have forged their
> Gmail account, it is most probably authentic as well).

sounds indeed like a suspense-packed whodunit thriller.

> My Gmail account is authenticated and completely secured
> (as much as what Google proposes), with very strong unique password
> (machine generated, renewed regularly, and confiuref with 2FA
> with their Authentication application on my smartphone).

not to mention the html formating power patches.

> I even looked online to pass the latest security check and
> all is "OK" for them.

who has dun it ?? who wuz it ??
why not post directly from gmail.com XOR wanado.fr to this
list instead ?

the html formating looks suprisingly nice btw:

 I performed the test by writing directly to it (and Gmail delivered it to =
that person, not to me).</div><div><br></div><div>But I don&#39;t own this =
gmail account or its avatar.</div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding=
-left:1ex">i am very interested in the puzzle&#39;s solution.<br>
what about posting directly via the <a href=3D"http://gmail.com" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">gmail.com</a> &quot;basic&quot; webinterface

thanks for even including some inline CSS !!


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

Philippe Verdy
That wanadoo.fr is redirected to Gmail and has extra filters before reaching Gmail. It is used since several decenials and has never changed. It is active. But I don't want to use their webmail (polluted by excessive ads and very unfriendly interface) and not even any local POP3 client (because of local storage and inacessibility from different devices).

Yes I have several mails, but not that Russian "v". Gmail knows my Wanadoo.fr mail which is stable and kept forever independantly of my current ISP (which may change over time). 

And no reconfiguration of devices, no transfer of mailbox archives. I'm independant of the ISP (notably when I have to relocate to another address where the current ISP is no longer available: I've changed my French ISP about a dozen of times because of that, but ONLY Wanadoo.fr kept my address for me, at no cost, no need to connect on their webmail, and for lifetime, all other ISPs have immediately deleted my mail address as soon as I left them).

I'm not different from the other Russian user "v" that probably used Gmail for the same reason as me, by not trusting his Russian ISP and by not trusting the local storage (I've stopped using any local POP3/SMTP client since many years and now I can access my mails from anywhere, without loosing anything).

The "inline CSS" in text was not from me, and not present in my message (Gmail formatted it correctly, you must have a problem in your local mail client or intermediate mail agent that incorrectly parses the plain text part of the content)

That Wanadoo.fr (the former tradename of Orange.fr) is used for almost every mailing list since ever (before that I had used Compuserve, then MSN, and both stopped their operations, not allowing me to keep my email).

Even Gmail does not warranty the lifetime conservation of my email address, if I don't configure another mail in my account (so it can be used in emergency situations to recover the Gmail account). If there is later another better webmail than Gmail, I will use it, without having to change my lifetime Wanadoo.fr address (I'll just redirect it to another service). I've tested several webmails, but none of them were satisfying in their interface or were not so accessible from the multiple devices I use. And from an Android smartphone, you need a Gmail address anyway for many services. And I can access my Gmail from other locations, including devices I don't own, or when my smartphone is out of battery and I can't recharge it immediately.

Le jeu. 27 juin 2019 à 23:45, Jim <[hidden email]> a écrit :
27.06.2019, 21:48, "Philippe Verdy" <[hidden email]>:
> I am NOT posting thu their servers but directly from the Gmail web UI.
why do you use the wanadoo.fr address then ?
 
v
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

v
In reply to this post by Jim-2
On Thu, 2019-06-27 at 21:29 +0200, Jim wrote:
> 27.06.2019, 20:26, "Philippe Verdy" <[hidden email]>:
> > No, it's a replaced alias for my real gmail, and it has nothing
> > to do with a birth date or subscription date.

My god, what kind of panic did I managed to cause without any
intention! As a sidenote, it is my birth date. Probably…

--
v <[hidden email]>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Replace the last item in a string of 'words'

Philippe Verdy
Could you reaffirm that you have nothing to do with me (some people here are still not convinced and have incorrectly assumed we were the same person; then asked me to change my multidecennial email address or contested my Gmail address confused with yours)

Le ven. 28 juin 2019 à 14:36, v <[hidden email]> a écrit :
On Thu, 2019-06-27 at 21:29 +0200, Jim wrote:
> 27.06.2019, 20:26, "Philippe Verdy" <[hidden email]>:
> > No, it's a replaced alias for my real gmail, and it has nothing
> > to do with a birth date or subscription date.

My god, what kind of panic did I managed to cause without any
intention! As a sidenote, it is my birth date. Probably…

--
v <[hidden email]>


12