Re: Re: "no RTTI data" when invoking a factory method from Lua (Sean Barton)

Re: Re: "no RTTI data" when invoking a factory method from Lua (Sean Barton)

Pablo Palmier Campos
> Hi Pablo!
>
> I tried your example and in worked for me.  I did have to enable "Run-Time
> Type Info" on my compiler first though.  Were you not getting any compiler
> warnings when you compiled the code?

Hi Sean,

I feel frankly embarrased for not having checked this option before...
I'm using VS 2003 and assumed RTTI was enabled by default in the
"debug" variant (ooops!). I changed the compiler option for the simple
test, and rebuilt the library with the option LUABIND_NO_RTTI for "the
big project" I'm involved in, and everything went fine in the two
cases. At least I hope this "newbie-failure" will be useful for others
in the future.

Anyway, lots of thanks for the feedback!

Best regards,

Pablo Palmier

Re: Re: Re: "no RTTI data" when invoking a factory method from Lua (Sean Barton)

Sean Barton
Bah, we all get burned by that kind of stuff from time to time.  I'm glad I could help.  Don't sweat it.