Re: Lua 5.1 (beta) now available

Adrian Sietsma
I know it's probably too late for 5.1, but it would be handy for some cases
if table.insert() returned the insertion index (ie when inserting at the end
of the table). I know the (new) length operator will give me the new last
index, but.. the insert function alredy knows the insertion point.

Adrian

Re: Lua 5.1 (beta) now available

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> I know it's probably too late for 5.1, but it would be handy for some cases
> if table.insert() returned the insertion index (ie when inserting at the
> end of the table). I know the (new) length operator will give me the new
> last index, but.. the insert function alredy knows the insertion point.

Yes, it's too late now for 5.1. It'll be considered for 5.2.