RS232 static library for Lua 5.3? (Windows mostly)

RS232 static library for Lua 5.3? (Windows mostly)

Tony Papadimitriou
I’m looking for an RS232 library for Windows primarily (but if also for Linux it would be great) that will work with the latest Lua version and that can be statically linked so that I end up with a single lua.exe with the RS232 functionality built-in.

Some libraries I found on GitHub seem to be either abandoned, or for use with older Lua versions.

Any ideas/links?  Thank you.

Re: RS232 static library for Lua 5.3? (Windows mostly)

Alexey Melnichuk-2
Здравствуйте, Tony.

Вы писали 11 мая 2017 г., 19:36:15:

> I’m looking for an RS232 library for Windows primarily (but if also
> for  Linux it would be great) that will work with the latest Lua
> version and that can  be statically linked so that I end up with a
> single lua.exe with the RS232  functionality built-in.
>
> Some libraries I found on GitHub seem to be either abandoned, or
> for use  with older Lua versions.
>
> Any ideas/links?  Thank you.

This one[1] works on Windows/Linux for Lua 5.1-5.3.
In fact it is updated version of luars232[2] library.
My library has also Lua part but it is just OO wrapper
around low level API exported by C part. So see no reason
why you can not use only C part.

1 - https://luarocks.org/modules/moteus/rs232
2 - https://luarocks.org/modules/luarocks/luars232

--
С уважением,
 Alexey                          mailto:[hidden email]

---
Это сообщение проверено на вирусы антивирусом Avast.