Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Russell Haley
Hello,

I've done some more work on the PUC-Lua windows installer scripts and
the installer itself. I think it looks quite pretty now:

https://github.com/RussellHaley/PUC-Lua-Installer/blob/master/Puc-Lua-Installer/Puc-lua-installer-finished.PNG

Comments welcome.

The 32-bit installer is here:

https://github.com/RussellHaley/PUC-Lua-Installer/tree/master/Puc-Lua-Installer/bin/Debug

I have linked in to VS configuration management but can't get it to
generate x64 yet (a setting somewhere I suspect).

This incarnation of the project is a bottomless pit so I am going to
clean it up to a respectable point (pretty close now) and transition
over to getting Lua to build in VS. The installer will still be useful
in the VS solution but the scripts to generate the file lists will not
and they have been the most consuming part. I have started a VS 2017
project for Lua here:

https://github.com/RussellHaley/PUC-Lua-VS2017-Solution

I had it build ONCE as a stand alone executable but can't get a
separate dll for the library to work. It's failing on linking. Any
help would be grand. Output is here:

https://pastebin.com/RVtNnykw

zzzzz
Russ

Fwd: Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Russell Haley
I think my emails are getting rejected sometimes? This one doesn't
seem to have gone through...

Russ

Re: Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Jonathan Goble
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 3:06 AM Russell Haley <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think my emails are getting rejected sometimes? This one doesn't
seem to have gone through...

I received it just fine yesterday morning, timestamped 3:25 AM EDT (UTC−4).

Re: Fwd: Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Rob Kendrick-2
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:05:46AM -0700, Russell Haley wrote:
> I think my emails are getting rejected sometimes? This one doesn't
> seem to have gone through...

You're using gmail.  Sadly, the gmail <-> internet email interface is
lossy.

gmail accepted the delivery:

Jun 11 08:25:39 outmail postfix/smtp[20019]: 55FFBB9B: to=<[hidden email]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.133.26]:25, delay=8.4, delays=0.02/7.5/0.14/0.7, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1497165939 w127si4242191wmw.17 - gsmtp)

You might want to check in your spambox to see if your own email got
spamtrapped!

B.

Re: Fwd: Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Russell Haley
I read most of my mail on my BB10 phone in the hub so it aggregates my
emails. Normally I see the message icon change which means it was
delivered to me from the mailer and aggregated with the original.
Every now and then, I just don't get those emails. I looked on the
lua-l archive and didn't see it. I now realise that the default sort
for the search output is not chronological so I may have
misinterpreted the evidence.

Thanks everyone who responded. I'll take a better look at my spam
folders next time. Weird...

Russ

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:28 AM, Rob Kendrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 12:05:46AM -0700, Russell Haley wrote:
>> I think my emails are getting rejected sometimes? This one doesn't
>> seem to have gone through...
>
> You're using gmail.  Sadly, the gmail <-> internet email interface is
> lossy.
>
> gmail accepted the delivery:
>
> Jun 11 08:25:39 outmail postfix/smtp[20019]: 55FFBB9B: to=<[hidden email]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.133.26]:25, delay=8.4, delays=0.02/7.5/0.14/0.7, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1497165939 w127si4242191wmw.17 - gsmtp)
>
> You might want to check in your spambox to see if your own email got
> spamtrapped!
>
> B.

Re: Puc-Lua Windows Installer

Russell Haley
Puc-Lua Windows installer does not build lua, it uses the output from a (your) mingw build process and bundles it for installing. It's gotten a little out of hand trying to script parts to make it work but is close to being done.

Puc-Lua-VS2017-Solution is a visual studio solution that (will) build lua with the MS toolchain. I will then use what I learned in the mingw installer to package the vs build within Visual Studio. It is only loosely coupled with the Lua source so I will then maintain the VS solution going forward via a link to the git mirror (I don't need the make files so the raw source is good enough). I intend to keep it up to date with Lua and will not be maintaining older Lua versions (except through git labels or whatever they're called.  Too much perforce).

Does that help? While the benefit of an installer is dubious for Lua, I think in the minds of many Windows users, it adds credibility to the application.

Russ
Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Virgin Mobile network.
Joe DF | Administrator at ahkscript.org
Manager at AutoHotkey Foundation LLC | [hidden email]
http://ahkscript.org/joedf | https://www.linkedin.com/in/joedf