Proportions of text on buttons and some other things

Proportions of text on buttons and some other things

Bugzilla from
I've been working on an app that so far is very complex and long (and
still counting), and now i have the following:

1. A file weigthing 70kb. When i try to run it it runs fine, but if i
try to compile it i get a error 8 code 516 error. I'm assuming the
limitation is for the file size. If i run pmem i get 1021 used out of
near 5000 when running with main form only (A function constructs
certain form, another that handles it, breaking and calling). So: do i
have a limitation with the no. of functions (and there are A LOT), i'm
running out of memory, or it's the doc size? I'm on a Zire 72.

2. i've implemented a "cursor" for my app, a square that draws around
a button and "moves" using the keys. I now use fontsmoother and have
several fonts compilated, but the cursor keeps fixed. At the sides,
and top&botton of a drawn button, how many pixels there are? I have
guessed (fnt_width*strlen)+fnt_width*2, but it doesn't work with all
the fonts. Since i could fix the size of a textfield regardless of the
heigth/width, and change at will the font without altering the spacing
so much, i can't get the size of the cursor to get rigth, and my app
is far so heavy for fixing it (e.g. at 62*25 pix at certain button,
80*28 bold, and every size different from each other). Any ideas?

3. My app is an organyser (it does laundry, writes poems, haves
karaoke funtions and etc. hahaha) and i want it to set OS alarms, the
ones you can set in the next 24 hours with the clock app, not the
calendar ones. How can i set them? (I used to have those things, i
almost swear this is something in saved preferences, but if anyone
haves all this documentation, along with tasks calendar DB format, and
sys prefs, i guess i'll be thankful if someone can upload the file for
me - only for some days, so i can download it.)

And many thanks in advance!