Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Roberto Ierusalimschy
Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:

https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868

Enjoy,

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Andrew Starks-2

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 12:08 Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:

https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868

Enjoy,

-- Roberto

Congratulations! I just bought it. Is there a link to purchase a PDF version or does that come later?

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Marc Balmer
Roberto,

> Am 15.08.2016 um 19:07 schrieb Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]>:
>
> Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868
>
> Enjoy,
>
> -- Roberto

Thats very nice.  Of course I will buy it!  I like the book and the language, needless to
say.

Will the german translation also be updated?

Thanks, Marc

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Marc Balmer

> Am 15.08.2016 um 19:12 schrieb Marc Balmer <[hidden email]>:
>
> Roberto,
>
>> Am 15.08.2016 um 19:07 schrieb Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868
>>
>> Enjoy,
>>
>> -- Roberto
>>

> Thats very nice.  Of course I will buy it!  I like the book and the language, needless to
> say.

Actually I had to buy two copies. Vera likes to scribble in books, I don't ;)

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

> Thats very nice.  Of course I will buy it!  I like the book and the language, needless to
> say.
>
> Will the german translation also be updated?

Probably yes, but that is not in my hands.

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

> > https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868
> >
> > Enjoy,
> >
> > -- Roberto
> >

> Congratulations! I just bought it. Is there a link to purchase a PDF
> version or does that come later?

That comes later...

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Peter Aronoff
Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Congratulations! I just bought it. Is there a link to purchase a PDF
> > version or does that come later?
>
> That comes later...

Will the ebook publisher be Feisty Duck again? If so, that gives us a place
to keep our eye out. https://feistyduck.myshopify.com/products/programming-in-lua

Thanks, Peter

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > Congratulations! I just bought it. Is there a link to purchase a PDF
> > > version or does that come later?
> >
> > That comes later...
>
> Will the ebook publisher be Feisty Duck again? If so, that gives us a place
> to keep our eye out. https://feistyduck.myshopify.com/products/programming-in-lua

Yes.

+1 for the new cover design

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Daurnimator
On 16 August 2016 at 03:07, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/85903798

Don't forget to update the header on the online pil pages.
e.g. https://www.lua.org/pil/11.6.html currently has:

> This first edition was written for Lua 5.0. While still largely relevant for later versions, there are some differences.
> The third edition targets Lua 5.2 and is available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> Don't forget to update the header on the online pil pages.

Fixed. You may have to reload the pages.
Thanks for the nudge.

Re: Programming in Lua, fourth edition

Hakki Dogusan-3

On 15-08-2016 20:07, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> Finally, the fourth edition of Programming in Lua is out:
>
> https://www.amazon.com/Programming-Lua-Fourth-Roberto-Ierusalimschy/dp/8590379868

Congratulations!

- Page:86 function rect:
   bottom <= y and y <= up  (x -> y)