Problems building Luabind statically

Jason McKesson
I don't know what the build command is to build statically. I don't read
Jam or whatever bjam uses, so I can't figure it out from the "jamfile."

The closest thing I've found is "bjam stage", but even that tries to run
things like "msvc.link.dll", which shouldn't be used in a static build.
It eventually errors out when it tries to find 'lua5.lib'

Alternatively, I understand someone made a CMake build for luabind. I
really prefer that to the near-useless bjam.

Re: Problems building Luabind statically

Roberto C. Sánchez
On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 05:37:01PM -0700, Jason McKesson wrote:

> I don't know what the build command is to build statically. I don't read
> Jam or whatever bjam uses, so I can't figure it out from the "jamfile."
>
> The closest thing I've found is "bjam stage", but even that tries to run
> things like "msvc.link.dll", which shouldn't be used in a static build.
> It eventually errors out when it tries to find 'lua5.lib'
>
> Alternatively, I understand someone made a CMake build for luabind. I
> really prefer that to the near-useless bjam.

I use this line in the debian/rules file for the Debian package:

bjam -d2 release debug link=static cflags="$(CFLAGS)" linkflags="$(LDFLAGS)"

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez