Problem with palm zire m150

abm0000abm-2
Hi !

I installed plua on my palm zire m150 and i get the message "Cannot
find MathLib - Error code: 1290" each time I launch Plua :(
I tried to download MathLib but I can't hotsynch it, it's size is only
1k on my palm.

What can I do ?

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

SV: Problem with palm zire m150

Morten Agerlin Petersen (MAP)
Hi

I'm running plua on a Zire m150 with no problem (or... I have to add a "collectgarbage()" statement in the main loop of many programs to avoid memory problems...)

I have no problem with MathLib - its size should be 50k. Have you tried to delete it manually (using the "delete" item in the Palm App menu) and then re hotsync it?

For just installing software I prefer to use the free Pilot Install software (http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html <http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html> ) it is faster since you don't have to wait for syncronisation of calendar, memos etc.

Best regards

Morten

________________________________

I installed plua on my palm zire m150 and i get the message "Cannot
find MathLib - Error code: 1290" each time I launch Plua :(
I tried to download MathLib but I can't hotsynch it, it's size is only
1k on my palm.

What can I do ?

         [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Unsubscribe>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Problem with palm zire m150

bh77a-2
Hello.

It sounds as if your MathLib file is corrupt (incomplete download or
something).  Try downloading from the original place that you did and
install again.  It should be around 50K in size.

If you can't get a decent archive of it, you can find an archive of it
within the archive of my app Illusion:
http://geocities.com/bh77a/palm_stuff/illusion.html

> Hi !
>
> I installed plua on my palm zire m150 and i get the message "Cannot
> find MathLib - Error code: 1290" each time I launch Plua :(
> I tried to download MathLib but I can't hotsynch it, it's size is only
> 1k on my palm.
>
> What can I do ?
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Problem with palm zire m150

abm0000abm-2
Thx, it worked :)

I could not delete Mathlib on my palm. So I used Filez to remove the
read-only attribute, then I installed your Mathlib.

It works now :)

Great, let's code !

--- In [hidden email], bh@... wrote:

> Hello.
>
> It sounds as if your MathLib file is corrupt (incomplete download or
> something).  Try downloading from the original place that you did
and
> install again.  It should be around 50K in size.
>
> If you can't get a decent archive of it, you can find an archive of
it
> within the archive of my app Illusion:
> http://geocities.com/bh77a/palm_stuff/illusion.html
>

> > Hi !
> >
> > I installed plua on my palm zire m150 and i get the
message "Cannot
> > find MathLib - Error code: 1290" each time I launch Plua :(
> > I tried to download MathLib but I can't hotsynch it, it's size is
only

> > 1k on my palm.
> >
> > What can I do ?
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: SV: Problem with palm zire m150

abm0000abm-2
Thx it works now :)

What is collectgarbage() for?
How do you use it ?

--- In [hidden email], "Morten Agerlin Petersen \(MAP\)"
<map@...> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm running plua on a Zire m150 with no problem (or... I have to
add a "collectgarbage()" statement in the main loop of many programs
to avoid memory problems...)

> I have no problem with MathLib - its size should be 50k. Have you
tried to delete it manually (using the "delete" item in the Palm App
menu) and then re hotsync it?

> For just installing software I prefer to use the free Pilot Install
software (http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html
<http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html> ) it is faster
since you don't have to wait for syncronisation of calendar, memos
etc.

> Best regards
>
> Morten
>
> ________________________________

Well , what does collectgarbage() do? Honestly I dont know exactly except it has to do with memory use.

The Lua 5 reference says:

"Garbage collection
gcinfo () Returns dynamic memory usage and garbage collector's threshold, in KB.
collectgarbage ([k]) Sets garbage collector's threshold at k KB [default: 0], collects garbage
if k is below the current dynamic memory usage (always if k is 0)."

Most plua programs contains a main loop controlling events (pendown, buttons etc.). I just add the collectgarbage() somewhere in this main loop:

-- main loop
while 1 do
 collectgarbage()

event management statements

end  --while

Best regards
Morten

________________________________

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: SV: Problem with palm zire m150

abm0000abm-2
Thanks, I didn't know that :)

<map@...> wrote:

> Well , what does collectgarbage() do? Honestly I dont know exactly
except it has to do with memory use.

> The Lua 5 reference says:
>
> "Garbage collection
> gcinfo () Returns dynamic memory usage and garbage collector's
threshold, in KB.
> collectgarbage ([k]) Sets garbage collector's threshold at k KB
[default: 0], collects garbage
> if k is below the current dynamic memory usage (always if k is 0)."
>
> Most plua programs contains a main loop controlling events
(pendown, buttons etc.). I just add the collectgarbage() somewhere in
this main loop:

> -- main loop
> while 1 do
>  collectgarbage()
>
> event management statements
>
> end  --while
>
> Best regards
> Morten
>

> ________________________________

Of discmoko

> Sent: 15. maj 2006 21:49
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: SV: [plua] Problem with palm zire m150
>

> Thx it works now :)
>
> What is collectgarbage() for?
> How do you use it ?
>

> --- In [hidden email], "Morten Agerlin Petersen \(MAP\)"
> <map@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm running plua on a Zire m150 with no problem (or... I have to
> add a "collectgarbage()" statement in the main loop of many
programs
> to avoid memory problems...)
> >
> > I have no problem with MathLib - its size should be 50k. Have you
> tried to delete it manually (using the "delete" item in the Palm
App
> menu) and then re hotsync it?
> >
> > For just installing software I prefer to use the free Pilot
Install
> software (http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html
> <http://pinstall.envicon.com/e/pinstall/pinstall.html> ) it is
faster

> since you don't have to wait for syncronisation of calendar, memos
> etc.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Morten
> >
> > ________________________________

I have never used it in my apps and can't really notice any difference.
Should I go ahead and add it?

> Thanks, I didn't know that :)
>
> --- In [hidden email], "Morten Agerlin Petersen \(MAP\)"
> <map@...> wrote:
>>
>> Well , what does collectgarbage() do? Honestly I dont know exactly
> except it has to do with memory use.
>>
>> The Lua 5 reference says:
>>
>> "Garbage collection
>> gcinfo () Returns dynamic memory usage and garbage collector's
> threshold, in KB.
>> collectgarbage ([k]) Sets garbage collector's threshold at k KB
> [default: 0], collects garbage
>> if k is below the current dynamic memory usage (always if k is 0)."
>>
>> Most plua programs contains a main loop controlling events
> (pendown, buttons etc.). I just add the collectgarbage() somewhere in
> this main loop:
>>
>> -- main loop
>> while 1 do
>>  collectgarbage()
>>
>> event management statements
>>
>> end  --while
>>
>> Best regards
>> Morten
>>

>> ________________________________

Why collectgarbage()?

Mike Higgins-2
[hidden email] wrote:        I have never used it in my apps and can't really notice any difference.
  Should I go ahead and add it?
                  Modern languages,  like Lua or Java, store the values of variables in a dynamically allocated  memory area. When you execute something like:
      A = “hello”
      A = A .. “ world”
                  A new  string is created with the value “hello world” and the first string “hello” is  still there for a while. It is the job of the garbage collector to look for objects  like this that are no longer referenced by any variables and re-cycle the  memory. The garbage collector is run automatically from time to time so you may  never need to worry about this.  Some  systems run the garbage collector in very inappropriate times, inserting  strange delays in the execution of your programs. For this reason the collectgarbage()  routine exists to allow you to tell the system when you don’t mind the delay of  the system doing this utility task.

You can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free.  See how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/saFolB/TM

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/