Porting Lua to D?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Porting Lua to D?

Soni "They/Them" L.
Hello!

How would I go about rewriting Lua in D?

Best regards,
SoniEx2.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Jaydeep Dave
Can you be more specific? Why do you want to rewrite Lua language in D language?


On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 11:13 PM, Thiago L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!

How would I go about rewriting Lua in D?

Best regards,
SoniEx2.



--
Regards,

Jaydeep Dave
Mobile: +919898456445
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Erik Hougaard
In reply to this post by Soni "They/Them" L.
Why, could you not just use LuaD ?

https://github.com/JakobOvrum/LuaD

On 04-01-2014 18:43, Thiago L. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How would I go about rewriting Lua in D?
>
> Best regards,
> SoniEx2.





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Soni "They/Them" L.
> Why, could you not just use LuaD ?

Uhh... I don't want a bridge... I want something like LuaJ...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/

> Can you be more specific? Why do you want to rewrite Lua language in D language?

I'm porting a project to D, and it has Lua scripting...

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Kaj Eijlers
If the above linked repo exposes the full lua_C api, cany't you use it to run lua?


On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Thiago L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Why, could you not just use LuaD ?

Uhh... I don't want a bridge... I want something like LuaJ...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/

> Can you be more specific? Why do you want to rewrite Lua language in D language?

I'm porting a project to D, and it has Lua scripting...


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Soni "They/Them" L.
Hmm... I should try it first shouldn't I?

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Kaj Eijlers <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If the above linked repo exposes the full lua_C api, cany't you use it to
> run lua?
>
>
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Thiago L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Why, could you not just use LuaD ?
>>
>> Uhh... I don't want a bridge... I want something like LuaJ...
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/
>>
>> > Can you be more specific? Why do you want to rewrite Lua language in D
>> > language?
>>
>> I'm porting a project to D, and it has Lua scripting...
>>
>



--
(PS: I don't know how to email.)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Porting Lua to D?

Michael Parker
D interfaces with C APIs perfectly fine without any additional
overhead. Writing an app in D and linking with C is no different at
the link level than writing the app in C, so there's no reason to
undertake such a project. LuaD binds with 5.1 and provides a
convenience wrapper on top of it. If you want to use 5.2, there's also
DerelictLua [1], but in that case you don't get the wrapper.

[1] https://github.com/DerelictOrg/DerelictLua

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 3:59 AM, Thiago L. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm... I should try it first shouldn't I?
>
> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 4:44 PM, Kaj Eijlers <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> If the above linked repo exposes the full lua_C api, cany't you use it to
>> run lua?
>>
>>
>> On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Thiago L. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> > Why, could you not just use LuaD ?
>>>
>>> Uhh... I don't want a bridge... I want something like LuaJ...
>>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/
>>>
>>> > Can you be more specific? Why do you want to rewrite Lua language in D
>>> > language?
>>>
>>> I'm porting a project to D, and it has Lua scripting...
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> (PS: I don't know how to email.)
>



--
Mike Parker