Ported 2.5 to OS/2

Terry Bayne-3
Hi,

Just thought I would pass along that Ive ported lua 2.5 to OS/2 using IBMs VA C/C++ Compiler.  This only
involved creating an nmake compatible set of make files.  I have also created an OS/2 DLL that
combines lua 2.5 and the string, math, and io libraries.  The DLL required that I create an extra C source
module to contain the DLL initialization code.  If anyone is interested in the OS/2 port or the DLL please
let me know.

Thanks
Terry Bayne

Gnome

When you lose your name, you become small.
When you lose your spirit, you become nothing.

                             -R.K. Partain

Re: Ported 2.5 to OS/2

John Fletcher
> From:          Terry Bayne <[hidden email]>
> Subject:       Ported 2.5 to OS/2

> Hi,
>
> Just thought I would pass along that Ive ported lua 2.5 to OS/2 using IBMs VA C/C++ Compiler.  This only
> involved creating an nmake compatible set of make files.  I have also created an OS/2 DLL that
> combines lua 2.5 and the string, math, and io libraries.  The DLL required that I create an extra C source
> module to contain the DLL initialization code.  If anyone is interested in the OS/2 port or the DLL please
> let me know.

I'm not interested in OS2.  I am however, interested in how to build
the DLL.  I am currently using Lua with Microsoft VC++ 1.5 under
DOS and Windows 3.1.  I currently build DOS binaries but knowldege of
the DLL could be of use.  If anyone knows how to organise the
necessary makefiles for this, I would be interested in that.

Thanks.

John Fletcher
Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: [hidden email]
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.
CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/