Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

Matthew Faupel
Hi,

I've just installed Plua2 after having previously used Plua1.1.  I had
SrcEdit installed for OnboardC and I was pleasantly surprised in
Plua1.1 when pressing Edit brought up SrcEdit and then pressing
the "compiler" button in SrcEdit returned to Plua.  Plua2 still brings
up SrcEdit when I press the Edit button, but pressing the compiler
button in SrcEdit no longer returns to Plua (it does nothing).

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here and how I can restore
the previous behaviour?

Cheers,

Matthew

Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

Matthew Faupel
After further investigation (just in case anyone else is interested),
this is a built-in feature of SrcEdit where it correlates the suffix
of the file being edited with an application type to run when the
compiler button is pressed.  However, Plua2 has changed the app type
from Plua to LuaP, so SrcEdit doesn't see it.

Cheers,

Matthew

--- In [hidden email], I wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Plua2 after having previously used Plua1.1.  I
had
> SrcEdit installed for OnboardC and I was pleasantly surprised in
> Plua1.1 when pressing Edit brought up SrcEdit and then pressing
> the "compiler" button in SrcEdit returned to Plua.  Plua2 still
brings
> up SrcEdit when I press the Edit button, but pressing the compiler
> button in SrcEdit no longer returns to Plua (it does nothing).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's happening here and how I can
restore
> the previous behaviour?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Matthew

Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

abm0000abm-2
--- In [hidden email], "Matthew Faupel" <matthew@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Plua2 after having previously used Plua1.1.  I had
> SrcEdit installed for OnboardC and I was pleasantly surprised in
> Plua1.1 when pressing Edit brought up SrcEdit and then pressing
> the "compiler" button in SrcEdit returned to Plua.  Plua2 still brings
> up SrcEdit when I press the Edit button, but pressing the compiler
> button in SrcEdit no longer returns to Plua (it does nothing).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's happening here and how I can restore
> the previous behaviour?
>
> Cheers,
>

> Matthew

I had a slightly different problem.  Hitting the compiler button took
me back to PLua V1.  But the solution was easy.  Look in the group
Files section for "SrcEdit for PLUA V2".  Install it in place of the
current SrcEdit and see if that helps.

Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

migueletto-2

--- In [hidden email], "Matthew Faupel" <matthew@...> wrote:

> I've just installed Plua2 after having previously used Plua1.1.  I had
> SrcEdit installed for OnboardC and I was pleasantly surprised in
> Plua1.1 when pressing Edit brought up SrcEdit and then pressing
> the "compiler" button in SrcEdit returned to Plua.  Plua2 still brings
> up SrcEdit when I press the Edit button, but pressing the compiler
> button in SrcEdit no longer returns to Plua (it does nothing).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what's happening here and how I can restore
> the previous behaviour?

SrcEdit will allways return to Plua 1.X when pressing Compiler. This
bahavior is hard-coded inside SrcEdit. Some time ago I asked the
authors if it was possible to make it configurable, so that SrcEdit
could call Plua 2.0 back. But I think it was never implemented.

Regards,
Marcio.

RE: Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

Blake Winton-3

I personally think SrcEdit already has too many configuration
options.  Perhaps it would be better if it just tried Plua 2.0,
and if that failed, tried Plua 1.x...

Or, you could rename your memos to end in .lua2, and I'm sure
John Wilund (the author of SrcEdit) would be more than happy
to send those to Plua2.  Actually, that's 4 characters, which
probably won't work out so well.  Perhaps .pl2 would be a
better choice.

Later,
Blake.

FW: Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

Blake Winton-3
Ta-da!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

FW: Re: Plua2 behaviour with SrcEdit

johwil
Hi,

Yes! That's true! There are still at least weakly updates of SrcEdit
2.5.1+ downloadable from: http://srcedit.brainsware.org/download.htm

Currently I'm working with VFS support (e.g. txt<->Doc )
I would love to hear more from you Plua coders....
You can mail me (as Blake did: [hidden email]) or even better:
chime in and join our IRC channel: #SrcEdit @irc.freenode.net there
you will always have the first news on SrcEdit development and a lot
more, thanks to our BOT!

If you dont have an IRC client, try our WEB Based Irc Java Applet
available from: http://trac.brainsware.org/srcedit/

Good luck coding!

And hope hearing from you soon.

/John