Plua 2.0b8

migueletto
Hi,

I have just uploaded to the files section Plua 2.0b8, the Windows and
Linux desktop compilers, and the examples package.

I did not have the time to finish everything I wanted for this
release. Also keep in mind that this release is MOSTLY UNTESTED. If
you find any problems please post the details in this forum. As usual,
look at the doc/ChangeHistory.txt document for all the changes in this
release.

The unfinished bits are not documented, but there is one new,
undocumented feature I think is worth mentioning. That is setting
timeouts for opening network connections. Take a look at
Demo/Network.lua inside the example packages. In short, the tcp and
udp I/O URL's accept three additional optional parameters separated by
"/":

- DNS lookup timeout in seconds (default = 8)
- Connect timeout (default = 8)
- Linger option: default = off. A non-negative value turns lingering
on and sets its timeout to this value.

Regards,
Marcio.

Re: Plua 2.0b8

Cameron Kaiser
Marcio,

> I have just uploaded to the files section Plua 2.0b8, the Windows and
> Linux desktop compilers, and the examples package.
[...]
> - DNS lookup timeout in seconds (default = 8)
> - Connect timeout (default = 8)
> - Linger option: default = off. A non-negative value turns lingering
> on and sets its timeout to this value.

Awesome! Thank you very much!

Please let me know about the Mac executable.

--
------------------------------------ personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ --
  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * [hidden email]
-- PRIVACY. IT'S EVERYONE'S BUSINESS. -- Evil, Inc. ---------------------------

Re: Plua 2.0b8

Andy Colson
On 4/29/07, migueletto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I have just uploaded to the files section Plua 2.0b8, the Windows and
>  Linux desktop compilers, and the examples package.
>

>  Regards,
>  Marcio.

Sweet!  Thank you Sir!

-Andy

[...]