Palm databases: accessing the application information block

Palm databases: accessing the application information block

abm0000abm-2
Marcio:

I have noticed that the PalmOS-specific I/O functions don't provide a
way to access the appinfo block of Palm databases.

Experimenting with databases created with DB-tools, I was able
(knowing previously its structure) to read successfully a Pilot-DB
database, which enables me to create very easily my information
databases without having to create specific programs to do that.
However, the number of fields contained in each record is saved in the
appinfo block and I have no means to access it from Plua if, for other
applications, I need to determine dinamically the record structure.

Is there any plans to incorporate this ability in future releases?

Thank you in advance and thank you for creating such a fine tool.

Re: Palm databases: accessing the application information block

migueletto
Hi,

> I have noticed that the PalmOS-specific I/O functions don't provide a
> way to access the appinfo block of Palm databases.

> Is there any plans to incorporate this ability in future releases?

Up to now I had given attention to AppInfo or SortInfo blocks because
very few applications make use of them. But since they are simple to
access, I may add support for them.

Regards,
Marcio.

Re: Palm databases: accessing the application information block

Marcelo G Huerta
El 20/11/2006 a las 15:31, migueletto <[hidden email]> dijo, en su
mensaje "[plua] Re: Palm databases: accessing the application
information block":

> Up to now I had given attention to AppInfo or SortInfo blocks
> because very few applications make use of them. But since they are
> simple to access, I may add support for them.

That would be very welcome, thank you.
I'll inform of my progress in their use as soon as they are available
:-)

--
                    o-=< Marcelo >=-o