PLUA....WILL...NOT.....DIE

jimmy joe jack
I just started using this language and its awesome. Just traded in my m100 for a TX less than a year ago and I ain't going NOWHERE. You all may trade in your devices for iPhones and this and that, and whatever new crap may come. But I:

A. Don't have a lot of money to throw around.
B. Don't care to keep up with the Jones'.
C. Don't have a new technology addiction.
D. Don't see anything of NECESSITY that isn't offered right here.

So...go on and leave, you cowards! Go on and run! I'll be right here, holding the fort down.

It doesn't matter what year it is, and what new tech-candy is on the market. This is a new and fascinating world for me, and I'm just getting started hombres.

Re: PLUA....WILL...NOT.....DIE

Berkant Atay
I'll stay on the boat, too.

I have many applications on my Treo for my occupational needs that I wrote in Plua several years ago, and I still use them. It will be very hard for me to change the PalmOS platform I am using at the moment. And worse, I won't ever never find a tool like Plua to write my own code on.

Let's keep Plua and PalmOS alive.......

Re: PLUA....WILL...NOT.....DIE

ZzHatD
Plua 2.0 is fantastic (though limited... difficult bluetooth, etc.), so if it meets your needs, just keep on having fun with it!

Any word on whether Plua 2.0 runs on Palm Pre in MotionApps Classic emulation?
I would really like to know if JazzyDraw v3.0 functions there or not.  Does anyone know?
http://www.freewarepalm.com/graphics/jazzydraw.shtml

________________________________
I have many applications on my Treo for my occupational needs that I wrote in Plua several years ago, and I still use them. It will be very hard for me to change the PalmOS platform I am using at the moment. And worse, I won't ever never find a tool like Plua to write my own code on.

Let's keep Plua and PalmOS alive.......

PDB2TXT

Fábio Martins-2
Hi all,

How I can transform a .PDB (Plua) into .TXT to transfer it to the PC?
I am newbie in PLUA.
Thanks!

Fabio

Re: PDB2TXT

Berkant Atay
Dear Fabio,

There are two ways to do this (I use both of them, however somebody might have a simpler way to do this..)

1. You write your code in a text editor, for example SiEd (this is a nice freeware that is very capable, just google it to download), and save your code with the extension *.lua on your SD card in the folder root\palm\programs\plua\src\. Now start Plua, change the popup list (doc, stream, card ..etc) in the upper right corner to "card". You will see the name of your program in the list. You can now run your code using Plua. You can access the code on your SD card with a card reader or another utility like cardexport. Double click on your .lua extension file, then select notepad to open it.

2. If you have your code in RAM, copy the *.lua file to the card destination I have given above. You have to use a file manager program like FileZ to do this (FileZ is a perfect file manager and it's free). The file on the root\palm\programs\plua\src will now have a *.pdb extension. Using FileZ, change the extension to *.lua. Open this file using SiEd and erase the first few lines of unintelligible text (I guess FileZ puts these while copying and changing file format) in the text, then save the file. You now can run it using Plua, and see the contents, or edit them on your PC.

I hope I could help...

Berkant.

--- In [hidden email], Fábio Martins <sistemasgt@...> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How I can transform a .PDB (Plua) into .TXT to transfer it to the PC?
> I am newbie in PLUA.
> Thanks!
>
> Fabio

Re: PLUA....WILL...NOT.....DIE

Bugzilla from ibelcomputing@yahoo.com.mx
I can smell the iRant here... I can sense it... I'm devoted to Plua. I even code for this than in C or in HTML together.

And guess what? I'm in too. I don't care what does it have or what doesn't, or the like (following me? call it GPS, or multitouch, WiMax, even (don't know what for) AppStore and you'll understand lol)

C'mon, i'm not against upgrading to more powerful devices. But not everyone is migrating with the hype. It's not the iTrend, it is the uses you give to your gizmos. (As a note, i do not hate the iPhone, i DO hate hearing that thing EVERYWHERE, and i mean EVERYWHERE. Man, sure apple has a bill on advertising, free and paid.)

What have i done to keep with me plua for a looooooooooooooooooooooooong time? Check me out.

WARNING: Five thousand cups of plua, or three or more years using it, and you'll be like me :P Whatever happens first. If you're a sensible person or don't like crazy people then close your mail/web client now. You have been warned. more lol

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb30/Archmage_5023/PalmOSArmy.jpg

Count with me and my army of palm os powered devices to keep this up.

I've working for almost a year now on a personal planner. By now that only (but most enough for me) plans my faculty classes for me.

I won't upgrade to a pre if classic does not support plua. I sent them my wish for supporting it.

If not... Well, i recently replaced the oldest PDA (The Z72) battery. If one dies, well... lol