[PLUA 2] Checking penDown on image

krakenarm
Hi!
After a few experiments now i got the way to make Resources and create
buttons with an image.
But when i saw my first button  with
gui.button("", 1000, "myPicDB")

i was amused that i still had the border of a normal textfilled button.
The only thing was: The text was removed by the image. That looks ugly
and is for my ways not quite usefull.

SO my question: Is there a way to create a "pure picture"-button?
i tried to create a picture instead and checked the pendown x and y.
then i checked if they where in the area of the picture but that is
really uncomfortable. (sry, my english is lousy)

WHat i exactly want is some buttons like the buttons in SrcEdit. They
are just pictures, no border or anything else.

Can you help me?

Re: [PLUA 2] Checking penDown on image

krakenarm
--- In [hidden email], "krakenarm" <krakenarm@...> wrote:

> Hi!
> After a few experiments now i got the way to make Resources and
create
> buttons with an image.
> But when i saw my first button  with
> gui.button("", 1000, "myPicDB")
>
> i was amused that i still had the border of a normal textfilled
button.
> The only thing was: The text was removed by the image. That looks
ugly
> and is for my ways not quite usefull.
>
> SO my question: Is there a way to create a "pure picture"-button?
> i tried to create a picture instead and checked the pendown x and y.
> then i checked if they where in the area of the picture but that is
> really uncomfortable. (sry, my english is lousy)
>
> WHat i exactly want is some buttons like the buttons in SrcEdit.
They
> are just pictures, no border or anything else.
>
> Can you help me?

i made it by my own.. here is the code:

make your own button with new_pic() and push it.

-- borderlesspicture.lua
STOPAPP = false
TABLE_PICS = {}
gui.menu({"close"})

function new_pic(x, y, picname, ResourceID, filename)
        local pic
        if filename == nil then
                pic = resource.open("Tbmp", ResourceID)
        else
                pic = resource.open("Tbmp", ResourceID, filename)
        end
        screen.moveto(x, y)
        if pic ~= nil then
                local s, picwidth, picheight = resource.size(pic)
                resource.draw(pic)
                resource.close(pic)
                TABLE_PICS[picname] = {x, y, x + picwidth, y +
picheight}
        else
                print("[X]")

function getpicname(x, y)
        if TABLE_PICS ~= {} then
                for key, val in pairs(TABLE_PICS) do
                        if x>=val[1] and x<val[3] and y>=val[2] and
y<val[4] then
                                return key

function makecross(x, y)
        screen.line(arg1-1, arg2-1, arg1+1, arg2+1)
        screen.line(arg1+1, arg2-1, arg1-1, arg2+1)
end

while 1 do
        ev, arg1, arg2 = gui.event()
        if ev == penDown then
                if getpicname(arg1, arg2) == "testpic" then
                                makecross(arg1, arg2)
                end
        elseif ev == menuSelect then
                if arg1 = 1 then