PIL delivered

John D. Ramsdell-2
I received my copy of the second edition of Programming in Lua, so if
you ordered one, it should be coming soon.  It's blue and bigger than
the first edition.  That's all I can tell you as I haven't opened it
yet.

John

Re: PIL delivered

David Jones-2

On Apr 19, 2006, at 20:56, John D. Ramsdell wrote:

> I received my copy of the second edition of Programming in Lua, so if
> you ordered one, it should be coming soon.  It's blue and bigger than
> the first edition.  That's all I can tell you as I haven't opened it
> yet.

I got mine yesterday or so (in the UK).  The blue PIL has an orange
spine, so it looks orange on the bookshelf.  I'm disappointed.

I've been too busy writing pixel shaders in Java to read it yet; if
people pester me I'll write a review to the list.

Cheers,
  drj

Re: PIL delivered

Leonardo Eloy
Hopefully I'll receive mine next Monday! Even though I'm in Brazil, I
had to buy it from Amazon -- it isn't published here, seems to me
there is no market for Lua here.
I can see that because my company is starting a project using Lua, and
18 out of 20 candidates for a Linux C Programmer job never heard of
it.

--
Leonardo Eloy
eloy (at) imsec (dot) com (dot) br
http://www.imsec.com.br
+55 85 88883190

Re: PIL delivered

Alex Queiroz
Hallo,

On 4/20/06, Leonardo Eloy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hopefully I'll receive mine next Monday! Even though I'm in Brazil, I
> had to buy it from Amazon -- it isn't published here, seems to me
> there is no market for Lua here.
> I can see that because my company is starting a project using Lua, and
> 18 out of 20 candidates for a Linux C Programmer job never heard of
> it.

     The first edition is available from Papel Virtual. I don't know
if the second edition will be available from there as well.

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/

Re: PIL delivered

Alex Queiroz
Hallo,

> On 4/20/06, Leonardo Eloy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I can see that because my company is starting a project using Lua, and
> > 18 out of 20 candidates for a Linux C Programmer job never heard of
> > it.

     By the way, we live in the same city. I'm impressed that there is
somebody else here that knows about the existance of Lua. :-)

-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/

Re: PIL delivered

Taj Khattra
On 19 Apr 2006 15:56:32 -0400, John D. Ramsdell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I received my copy of the second edition of Programming in Lua, so if
> you ordered one, it should be coming soon.

i ordered mine on mar 23 from amazon.ca and it still hasn't shipped :(

Re: PIL delivered

Anders Bergh-2
I got mine a few days ago... and the book is great!