PDFLib

Gavin Wraith-2
Dear Luiz Henrique

  Thanks for bringing PDFLib to my attention
and for the Lua binding for it. Had you
considered asking PDFLib to add your binding
to their distribution? It would help to
publicize Lua.

  I have succeeded in compiling PDFLib and
your binding to make an application, Scribble
(http://www.wraith.u-net.com/scribble/)
so that we poor benighted Risc OS users can
now at last construct PDF files. There is no
Acrobat for us, of course.

 You will be able to see the form that Scribble
scripts take from my modification of your file,
as below:

-- Scribble v.0.1
-- G.C.Wraith 03/07/02

do
local PDF = {}
settag(PDF,newtag())

local END = function (x)
            x:end_page()
            x:close()
            x:delete()
            execute("settype "..x.file.." pdf")  -- Risc OS specific
            end -- function

settagmethod(tag(PDF),"gettable",function (a,i)
             local f = getglobal("PDF_"..i)
             if f == nil then return rawgettable(a,i)
             else
               return function (a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10)
                      return %f(a1.p,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7,a8,a9,a10)
                      end -- function
             end -- if
          end)

BEGIN = function (file)
         local p = PDF_new()
         assert(PDF_open_file(p,file))
         local x = { p = p, file = file, END = %END}
         settag(x,tag(%PDF))
         return x
         end -- function
end -- do

A0 = { width = 2380, height = 3368 }
A1 = { width = 1684, height = 2380 }
A2 = { width = 1190, height = 1684 }
A3 = { width = 842, height = 1190 }
A4 = { width = 595, height = 842 }
A5 = { width = 421, height = 595 }
A6 = { width = 297, height = 421 }
B5 = { width = 501, height = 709 }
Letter = { width = 612, height = 792 }
Legal = { width = 612, height = 1008 }
Ledger = { width = 1224, height = 792 }

dofile(arg[1])

----------------------------
--
Gavin Wraith ([hidden email])
Home page: http://www.wraith.u-net.com/

rje

Re: PDFLib

rje
On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 02:54:08PM +0100, Gavin Wraith wrote:
> Dear Luiz Henrique
>
>   Thanks for bringing PDFLib to my attention
> and for the Lua binding for it. Had you
> considered asking PDFLib to add your binding
> to their distribution? It would help to
> publicize Lua.
>
>   I have succeeded in compiling PDFLib and
> your binding to make an application, Scribble
> (http://www.wraith.u-net.com/scribble/)
> so that we poor benighted Risc OS users can
> now at last construct PDF files. There is no
> Acrobat for us, of course.

Of course, RISC OS users have been able to print to PostScript and then
use one of the many tools ported from the Unix world to convert them to
PDFs for years :)

--
Rob Kendrick - http://www.nun.org.uk/
Q:	Why did the germ cross the microscope?