Official C++ lua

Christophe Delépine

Hi,

I am a new user of lua.
I would like to know if a C++ API is planned for lua.
C interface is a bit 19th century...

Thanks

Re: Official C++ lua

Erik Hougaard
Christophe Delépine wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user of lua.
I would like to know if a C++ API is planned for lua.
C interface is a bit 19th century...

Thanks

The Lua soruce code compiles unmodifed as both C and C++ ... So its very modern in that view. But there is not a c++ class supplied. Several user submitted proejcts provides that - check out www.lua-users.org

/Erik

AW: Official C++ lua

Itterheim, Steffen
Hello and welcome! :)
Lua compiles fine in C++
C wasn't invented until late in the 20th century ;p

I suppose you're looking for a C++ wrapper for Lua? A quick google search came up with this minimal Lua C++ wrapper: http://nikopol0.alrj.org/or_lua/

There are others out there like toLuaxx http://toluaxx.luaforge.net/ but i have no personal experience with them, we wrote our own custom wrapper. Hope that helps!

Re: Official C++ lua

Philippe Lhoste
On 22/05/2007 10:10, Christophe Delépine wrote:
C interface is a bit 19th century...

Flame bait? :-)

There are plenty of C++ bindings/wrappers, you just have to search a bit.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France

RE: Official C++ lua

Richard Ranft
Technically, the OP was asking about an official binding - the answer is no,
there is no official binding.  There are several excellent choices available
though - you'll have to check them out and see which one you feel most
comfortable with.

And yeah - C++ and Lua both were created late in the 20th century.  Welcome
to the 21st!

Rich

Re: Official C++ lua

Olivier Delannoy
Luaxx is a good choice for accessing lua State from C++ programs.
If you are interested in integrating C++ modules you can use solution such as :
lunar or luaBind (both need support directly in your C++ code
or
toluax / tolua++ / swig for binding generators

I don't know of a single tool which provide the two solution. I hope
it will help.

--
Olivier Delannoy
ATER

Re: Official C++ lua

> And yeah - C++ and Lua both were created late in the 20th century.

Bjarne Stroustrup will talk about the evolution of C++ at HOPL III
on the same day as Roberto will talk about the evolution of Lua...

Re: Official C++ lua

David Kastrup
Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]> writes:

>> And yeah - C++ and Lua both were created late in the 20th century.
>
> Bjarne Stroustrup will talk about the evolution of C++ at HOPL III
> on the same day as Roberto will talk about the evolution of Lua...

For C++ I'd consider "growth" a more descriptive term than
"evolution".

--
David Kastrup

Re: Official C++ lua

Scott Morgan
David Kastrup wrote:
> Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]> writes:
>

>>> And yeah - C++ and Lua both were created late in the 20th century.
>>>
>> Bjarne Stroustrup will talk about the evolution of C++ at HOPL III
>> on the same day as Roberto will talk about the evolution of Lua...
>>

> For C++ I'd consider "growth" a more descriptive term than
> "evolution".

Malignant or benign?

Scott

Re: Official C++ lua

Edwin Eyan Moragas-2
On 5/22/07, Christophe Delépine <[hidden email]> wrote:

C interface is a bit 19th century...

ouch!

(sorry guys, i can't resist this one)

--