Oasis - A static Linux distribution with Lua-based packages

Oasis - A static Linux distribution with Lua-based packages

Pierre Chapuis
This is not my project but it looks very interesting: https://github.com/oasislinux/oasis

All packages are built using Samurai (a Ninja-compatible tool in C) based on build
scripts in a Lua DSL. For instance this is the source for the Lua package:
https://github.com/oasislinux/oasis/tree/master/pkg/lua (and yes, they package
5.2...).

Pierre Chapuis

Re: Oasis - A static Linux distribution with Lua-based packages

Michael Forney
On 2020-06-05, Pierre Chapuis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This is not my project but it looks very interesting:
> https://github.com/oasislinux/oasis

This is my project :)

> and yes, they package 5.2...

The reasoning for this is that mpv does not support Lua 5.3 and I did
not want to have multiple versions. The build scripts have been tested
with 5.1-5.3.

-Michael