OT: Mill - C Language with Coroutines

Andrew Starks
I've been following the development of nanomsg[1]. The lead author, Martin Sustrik[2], recently began using Mill[3], which is a preprocessor that generates C code.

I thought this may be of interest, here.

-Andrew

Re: OT: Mill - C Language with Coroutines

Steven Degutis
Quoth Andrew Starks:

> I've been following the development of nanomsg[1]. The lead author, Martin
> Sustrik[2], recently began using Mill[3], which is a preprocessor that
> generates C code.
>
> I thought this may be of interest, here.
>
> -Andrew
>
> [1] http://nanomsg.org
> [2] https://github.com/sustrik
> [3] http://millc.org/documentation.html

This reminds me of these macro-based coroutines[1] which inspired
these macro-based generators[2].

[1] http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/coroutines.html
[2] https://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2009-10-30-generators-in-objective-c.html

Re: OT: Mill - C Language with Coroutines

Ross Bencina
On 8/11/2014 1:43 AM, Steven Degutis wrote:
>> [1]http://nanomsg.org
>> >[2]https://github.com/sustrik
>> >[3]http://millc.org/documentation.html
> This reminds me of these macro-based coroutines[1] which inspired
> these macro-based generators[2].
>
> [1]http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/coroutines.html
> [2]https://www.mikeash.com/pyblog/friday-qa-2009-10-30-generators-in-objective-c.html

All very cool, thanks for sharing.

There's also Christopher Kohlhoff's macros. [1]

And here's one I cooked up using a novel C++ template technique: [2].

Ross.

[1]http://blog.think-async.com/2010/03/potted-guide-to-stackless-coroutines.html
[2]http://www.devsuperpage.com/search/Articles.aspx?G=5&ArtID=895214