OOP Programming Onboard Palm PDAS

josermr
I've looked all over the internet for some free compilers or
interpreters that would allow me to write OOP code onboard the Palm
PDA, so far it seems that the only software is the PLUA2 interpreter,
although  I've heard this software just mimics OOP. Any there are no
out of the box objects with PLUA, you would have to design them all.
I've also heard that OOP is possible on the Sharp Zaurus, the Ipaq etc.
If anybody out there knows of any alternatives I would Like to know.

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: OOP Programming Onboard Palm PDAS

David McNab
josermr wrote:
> I've looked all over the internet for some free compilers or
> interpreters that would allow me to write OOP code onboard the Palm
> PDA, so far it seems that the only software is the PLUA2 interpreter,
> although  I've heard this software just mimics OOP. Any there are no
> out of the box objects with PLUA, you would have to design them all.
> I've also heard that OOP is possible on the Sharp Zaurus, the Ipaq etc.
> If anybody out there knows of any alternatives I would Like to know.

Go to the Plua yahoo group:
and check out the files section

There's a package there called OPlua, which is a fully OO framework for
Palm programming (over Plua2).

Cheers
David

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: OOP Programming Onboard Palm PDAS

walsjs1
Lua and Plua do let you "roll your own" Objects.  Not native, but
works very well is simple and intuitive and lets you do all the things
you want classes and objects to do.

This is described in the book Programming in Lua, available on online.
 See the chapters on tables and oo programming.

http://www.lua.org/pil/

Take care,
Jim W