New to plua, (but not to Lua)

Jesus-7
Hi everybody!
I recently found this nice implementation of the Lua language for the
Palm platform, and I decided to give it a try.
So I downloaded the most recent version from the file area of this
forum and also the simple tutorial to create "MyFirstApplication".
I installed everything in my Zire72. But at the time of running it I
get an error on the first executable statement:

pmoveto(70,70)

memo:/FirstApp.lua:2:"attempt to call global 'pmoveto' (a nil value)"

Does anybody know what does this mean?.
I imagine I miss something, but I'm unable of finding out what it is.
Many thanks in advance,
Jes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

Morten Agerlin Petersen (MAP)
--- In [hidden email], "Jesus" <jconsuegra@...> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> I recently found this nice implementation of the Lua language for
the
> Palm platform, and I decided to give it a try.
> So I downloaded the most recent version from the file area of this
> forum and also the simple tutorial to create "MyFirstApplication".
> I installed everything in my Zire72. But at the time of running it
> get an error on the first executable statement:
>
> pmoveto(70,70)
>
> memo:/FirstApp.lua:2:"attempt to call global 'pmoveto' (a nil
value)"

> Does anybody know what does this mean?.
> I imagine I miss something, but I'm unable of finding out what it
is.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Jes.

Hi

The most recent version is Plua2 but the pmoveto(70,70) is Plua1
syntax. In Plua2 it should be ui.moveto(70,70).

Morten

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

Jesus-7
> Hi
>
> The most recent version is Plua2 but the pmoveto(70,70) is Plua1
> syntax. In Plua2 it should be ui.moveto(70,70).
>
> Morten

   ui.pmoveto(70,70)

Thanks, but this time I get also an error:
(none):0:attempt to index global 'ui' (a nil value).

Jes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

Morten Agerlin Petersen (MAP)
--- In [hidden email], "Jesus" <jconsuegra@...> wrote:

> > Hi
> >
> > The most recent version is Plua2 but the pmoveto(70,70) is Plua1
> > syntax. In Plua2 it should be ui.moveto(70,70).
> >
> > Morten
> >

>    ui.pmoveto(70,70)
>

> Thanks, but this time I get also an error:
> (none):0:attempt to index global 'ui' (a nil value).
>
> Jes.

Check your writings it is ui.moveto not ui.Pmoveto ?

Morten

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

apeine
Try screen.moveto (70,70) (for Plua b6 and above).
Regards,

Alfredo

--- In [hidden email], "Jesus" <jconsuegra@...> wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> I recently found this nice implementation of the Lua language for the
> Palm platform, and I decided to give it a try.
> So I downloaded the most recent version from the file area of this
> forum and also the simple tutorial to create "MyFirstApplication".
> I installed everything in my Zire72. But at the time of running it I
> get an error on the first executable statement:
>
> pmoveto(70,70)
>
> memo:/FirstApp.lua:2:"attempt to call global 'pmoveto' (a nil value)"
>
> Does anybody know what does this mean?.
> I imagine I miss something, but I'm unable of finding out what it is.
> Many thanks in advance,
> Jes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

apeine
In Pluab6 or B7, the tutorial programs look like these:

first:
-- FirstApp.lua
screen.moveto(35,33)
gui.label("My First App works!")
gui.event()

second:
-- First.lua
screen.clear()
gui.title("First")
screen.font(2)
screen.moveto(50,40)
gui.label("My First App works!")
screen.moveto(120,160)
exitb=gui.button("Exit")
while 1 do
e, id = gui.event()
if e== ctlSelect and id == exitb then
break

Alfredo
--- In [hidden email], "apeine" <apeine@...> wrote:

> Try screen.moveto (70,70) (for Plua b6 and above).
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>
> --- In [hidden email], "Jesus" <jconsuegra@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody!
> > I recently found this nice implementation of the Lua language for the
> > Palm platform, and I decided to give it a try.
> > So I downloaded the most recent version from the file area of this
> > forum and also the simple tutorial to create "MyFirstApplication".
> > I installed everything in my Zire72. But at the time of running it I
> > get an error on the first executable statement:
> >
> > pmoveto(70,70)
> >
> > memo:/FirstApp.lua:2:"attempt to call global 'pmoveto' (a nil value)"
> >
> > Does anybody know what does this mean?.
> > I imagine I miss something, but I'm unable of finding out what it is.
> > Many thanks in advance,
> > Jes.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[hidden email]
    mailto:[hidden email]

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Re: New to plua, (but not to Lua)

Jesus-7
I see!, thanks!
I was also using ui. instead of gui. ... (I was thinking of "user interface" instead of "graphical user interface").
It's fascinating, now really "my first application works"!
Best regards,
Jes.

In Pluab6 or B7, the tutorial programs look like these:

first:
-- FirstApp.lua
screen.moveto(35,33)
gui.label("My First App works!")
gui.event()

second:
-- First.lua
screen.clear()
gui.title("First")
screen.font(2)
screen.moveto(50,40)
gui.label("My First App works!")
screen.moveto(120,160)
exitb=gui.button("Exit")
while 1 do
e, id = gui.event()
if e== ctlSelect and id == exitb then
break

Alfredo
--- In [hidden email], "apeine" <apeine@...> wrote:

> Try screen.moveto (70,70) (for Plua b6 and above).
> Regards,
>
> Alfredo
>
> --- In [hidden email], "Jesus" <jconsuegra@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi everybody!
> > I recently found this nice implementation of the Lua language for the
> > Palm platform, and I decided to give it a try.
> > So I downloaded the most recent version from the file area of this
> > forum and also the simple tutorial to create "MyFirstApplication".
> > I installed everything in my Zire72. But at the time of running it I
> > get an error on the first executable statement:
> >
> > pmoveto(70,70)
> >
> > memo:/FirstApp.lua:2:"attempt to call global 'pmoveto' (a nil value)"
> >
> > Does anybody know what does this mean?.
> > I imagine I miss something, but I'm unable of finding out what it is.
> > Many thanks in advance,
> > Jes.

Yahoo! Groups Links