My tribute for Carlos Icaza (RIP)

Eric Wing
Hi all,

Some of you already know Carlos Icaza passed away this summer
unexpectedly. He was best known by the Lua community as the co-founder
of the Corona SDK. I was Carlos's Chief Architect at Corona and later
was a co-founder with him for Lanica (an Appcelerator backed company).

At this past Lua Workshop, at the end of my talk, "Tales of a Lua
embedder thrown into the JavaScript world", I mentioned I was working
on tribute program but it wasn't finished, but I would post here when
it was.

Well, here it is finally.

Dance of the Fairies
https://youtu.be/ciphph8R4sU

Thank you for watching,
Eric

Re: My tribute for Carlos Icaza (RIP)

Lorenzo Donati-3
On 19/04/2017 18:58, Eric Wing wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of you already know Carlos Icaza passed away this summer
> unexpectedly. He was best known by the Lua community as the co-founder
> of the Corona SDK. I was Carlos's Chief Architect at Corona and later
> was a co-founder with him for Lanica (an Appcelerator backed company).
>
> At this past Lua Workshop, at the end of my talk, "Tales of a Lua
> embedder thrown into the JavaScript world", I mentioned I was working
> on tribute program but it wasn't finished, but I would post here when
> it was.
>
> Well, here it is finally.
>
> Dance of the Fairies
> https://youtu.be/ciphph8R4sU
>
> Thank you for watching,
> Eric

First of all, my condolences for your loss.

I watched that video. It is a great tribute and, knowing the context of
its genesis, it's moving.

Great work!

-- Lorenzo

Re: My tribute for Carlos Icaza (RIP)

Andrew Starks-2
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Eric Wing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of you already know Carlos Icaza passed away this summer
> unexpectedly. He was best known by the Lua community as the co-founder
> of the Corona SDK. I was Carlos's Chief Architect at Corona and later
> was a co-founder with him for Lanica (an Appcelerator backed company).
>
> At this past Lua Workshop, at the end of my talk, "Tales of a Lua
> embedder thrown into the JavaScript world", I mentioned I was working
> on tribute program but it wasn't finished, but I would post here when
> it was.
>
> Well, here it is finally.
>
> Dance of the Fairies
> https://youtu.be/ciphph8R4sU
>
> Thank you for watching,
> Eric

Congratulations on this tribute. It was very enjoyable and thank you
for sharing your experience. It looks like Carlos was dearly
appreciated and sorely miss. You have my condolences.

--
Andrew Starks