Multiple keys

abm0000abm-2
Hi,
I just discovered PLUA and it's really great !!

Is there a way to know that two or more keys are pressed together ? (ie
for games...)

THX :)

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Multiple keys

bh77a-2
Hi,

Plua really is a great tool isn't it!?

As for catching two keypresses together, not really sure if this is
possible.  I personally haven't encountered a game that uses this on
the Palm OS...

you might try something like...

event loop
capture key
key1=captured key
key2=captured key
if key1 and key2 then
-- work your magic

Not really sure if Plua can handle this, but it is definitely worth a
try...

Brian

On Apr 15, 2006, at 10:45 AM, discmoko wrote:

> Hi,
> I just discovered PLUA and it's really great !!
>
> Is there a way to know that two or more keys are pressed together ? (ie
> for games...)
>
> THX :)
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Multiple keys

abm0000abm-2
Thx for your answer :)

I thought about a game with a man walking (with one button) and
firing a gun (with an other button). How can the man continue to walk
while firing ?

I also discovered that there is a taperate on the buttons
(B___B_B_B_B_B). How can i get (BBBBBBBBB) ? (I don't know if it's
clear..)

I have other questions about sound. Can I play a sound stored in a
database (like i can draw a Tbmp in a database)?
Can I play a background music AND play sound effects without stoping
the music ?

--- In [hidden email], Brian Houghton <bh@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Plua really is a great tool isn't it!?
>
> As for catching two keypresses together, not really sure if this is
> possible.  I personally haven't encountered a game that uses this
on

> the Palm OS...
>
> you might try something like...
>
> event loop
> capture key
> key1=captured key
> key2=captured key
> if key1 and key2 then
> -- work your magic
>
> Not really sure if Plua can handle this, but it is definitely worth

> try...
>
> Brian
>
> On Apr 15, 2006, at 10:45 AM, discmoko wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I just discovered PLUA and it's really great !!
> >
> > Is there a way to know that two or more keys are pressed
together ? (ie

> > for games...)
> >
> > THX :)
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Multiple keys

johwil

I've written (with OnBoardC) a small .prc that will show both the chr, modifiers and keycode each key/and also every key combination imaginable. Please contact med offlist for obtaining keywatcher.

Thanks.
/John

> Hi,
>
> Plua really is a great tool isn't it!?
>
> As for catching two keypresses together, not really sure if this is
> possible.  I personally haven't encountered a game that uses this on
> the Palm OS...
>
> you might try something like...
>
> event loop
> capture key
> key1=captured key
> key2=captured key
> if key1 and key2 then
> -- work your magic
>
> Not really sure if Plua can handle this, but it is definitely worth a
> try...
>
> Brian
>
> On Apr 15, 2006, at 10:45 AM, discmoko wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I just discovered PLUA and it's really great !!
> >
> > Is there a way to know that two or more keys are pressed together ? (ie
> > for games...)
> >
> > THX :)

Yahoo! Groups Links

    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Re: Multiple keys

migueletto

> Is there a way to know that two or more keys are pressed together ? (ie
> for games...)

No. Plua does offer a way to check keyboard status. You can only
receive  keyDown events.

Regards,
Marcio.