Minor suggestion for Lua 5.4.0 documentation

Minor suggestion for Lua 5.4.0 documentation

Eric Mertens
Hi,

I was reading through the Lua 5.4.0 alpha working documentation to see what was new and I noticed that in section 3.3.8 – To-be-closed Variables the toclose syntax was not highlighted as a keyword. This was slightly confusing as it made me think that it was some other non-terminal at first. If my interpretation of bold text is correct it might be worth making toclose bold there.

Eric Mertens

Re: Minor suggestion for Lua 5.4.0 documentation

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> I was reading through the Lua 5.4.0 alpha working documentation to see what
> was new and I noticed that in section 3.3.8 – To-be-closed Variables the
> *toclose* syntax was not highlighted as a keyword. This was slightly
> confusing as it made me think that it was some other non-terminal at first.
> If my interpretation of bold text is correct it might be worth making
> *toclose* bold there.

'toclose' (now renamed 'close') is not a keyword; it is an identifier.
That is why we need the pair '<'/'>' in the syntax.

-- Roberto