Maintainership of Penlight and LDoc

steve donovan
Hi all,

I've become very busy with a new job, and what spare cycles I have
over get swallowed by the Rust ecosystem.

Which means that I've been an absent maintainer for my big projects,
and it's time to hand over the baton.  Peter was my co-maintainer on
Penlight, and you could not wish for a better collaborator.  I think
Penlight should be pretty straightforward to look after, although LDoc
is a big beast.

They are my only two Debian packages as well, but I no longer have the
bandwidth.

regards,
steve d.

Re: Maintainership of Penlight and LDoc

Emeka
Good day,

I read your Rust tutorial.... and I am inclined to know what you are working on(Rust). I would like to work more on Rust related stuff .

On Nov 18, 2018 2:37 PM, "steve donovan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've become very busy with a new job, and what spare cycles I have
over get swallowed by the Rust ecosystem.

Which means that I've been an absent maintainer for my big projects,
and it's time to hand over the baton.  Peter was my co-maintainer on
Penlight, and you could not wish for a better collaborator.  I think
Penlight should be pretty straightforward to look after, although LDoc
is a big beast.

They are my only two Debian packages as well, but I no longer have the
bandwidth.

regards,
steve d.

Re: Maintainership of Penlight and LDoc

Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov
Can that message be taken as a suggestion to take the maintainership?
If so, I'm very interested in keeping both of them alive, so if nobody else
will raise their hands to take them, I'd like to take them over.

В письме от воскресенье, 18 ноября 2018 г. 20:37:16 +07 пользователь steve
donovan написал:

> Hi all,
>
> I've become very busy with a new job, and what spare cycles I have
> over get swallowed by the Rust ecosystem.
>
> Which means that I've been an absent maintainer for my big projects,
> and it's time to hand over the baton.  Peter was my co-maintainer on
> Penlight, and you could not wish for a better collaborator.  I think
> Penlight should be pretty straightforward to look after, although LDoc
> is a big beast.
>
> They are my only two Debian packages as well, but I no longer have the
> bandwidth.
>
> regards,
> steve d.

Re: Maintainership of Penlight and LDoc

Thijs Schreijer
I think it was proposed for luaSocket as well; can we create a Github org with multiple maintainers?

I’m not familiar with the LDoc code base, but do know Penlight, so I’d volunteer for the maintenance of the latter one.

Thijs

> On 18 Nov 2018, at 14:37, steve donovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've become very busy with a new job, and what spare cycles I have
> over get swallowed by the Rust ecosystem.
>
> Which means that I've been an absent maintainer for my big projects,
> and it's time to hand over the baton.  Peter was my co-maintainer on
> Penlight, and you could not wish for a better collaborator.  I think
> Penlight should be pretty straightforward to look after, although LDoc
> is a big beast.
>
> They are my only two Debian packages as well, but I no longer have the
> bandwidth.
>
> regards,
> steve d.

Re: Maintainership of Penlight and LDoc

Dirk Laurie-2
Op Ma. 19 Nov. 2018 om 11:08 het Thijs Schreijer
<[hidden email]> geskryf:

> I think it was proposed for luaSocket as well; can we create a Github org with multiple maintainers?

It's as simple as Steve granting write access to the repository. If
the maintainers are to work in parallel, though, they need to know a
little more about git than a lone maintainer needs.