MIME module?

Petite Abeille
Hello,

Does anyone have a self-contained MIME module to properly parse common MIME entities (e.g. Multipart, etc)?

For example, Tiago Dionizio's cgi.lua [1] and Kepler's CGILua [2] do have bits and pieces here and there, but nothing quiet comprehensive nor self-contained. Out of desperation, I write one as well a while back [3], but there must be a better way...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

PA.

[1] http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~tngd/lua/cgi.lua
[2] http://luaforge.net/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/~checkout~/cgilua/src/ cgilua/post.lua?rev=1.10;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=cgilua
[3] http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/MIME

Re: MIME module?

Michael Broughton
Does LuaSocket have what you need?

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~diego/professional/luasocket/mime.html

Mike

PA wrote:
Hello,

Does anyone have a self-contained MIME module to properly parse common MIME entities (e.g. Multipart, etc)?

For example, Tiago Dionizio's cgi.lua [1] and Kepler's CGILua [2] do have bits and pieces here and there, but nothing quiet comprehensive nor self-contained. Out of desperation, I write one as well a while back [3], but there must be a better way...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

PA.

[1] http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~tngd/lua/cgi.lua
[2] http://luaforge.net/plugins/scmcvs/cvsweb.php/~checkout~/cgilua/src/cgilua/post.lua?rev=1.10;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=cgilua
[3] http://dev.alt.textdrive.com/browser/MIME

Re: MIME module?

Petite Abeille
Hi Mike,

On Feb 11, 2007, at 20:04, Michael Broughton wrote:

Does LuaSocket have what you need?

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~diego/professional/luasocket/mime.html

Unfortunately, no. Diego's MIME library mainly deals with basic transfer encoding (e.g. base64, quoted-printable, etc). What I'm looking for is a proper MIME parser (e.g. chunking the different multipart/* in pieces, decoding the headers, etc).

Something along the lines of what javax.mail.internet.MimeMessage or such does:

http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/javadocs/javax/mail/internet/ package-summary.html

Cheers,

PA.