Luabind: getting the super class of a class

Luabind: getting the super class of a class

Abhijit Nandy

I am currently using the original luabind from Rasterbar at

Its been upgraded for Lua 5.3. I use the object oriented system in Lua that Luabind exposes(the 'class' keyword)

Its working properly except that I can't get the super class of a class defined in Lua.

Has anyone tried this? Currently I solve this by having all class creation & derivation go through my own function so I can track types.

But I am wondering if this information is already there.

class 'A'
function A:__init()

class 'B'(A)
function B:__init()

How to get the super class for B, i.e. A?

luabind-user mailing list
[hidden email]