Luabind access violation on module definition

Luabind access violation on module definition

Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the list and to lua and to luabind. I was looking into a way to include a script language into my application and lua was my choice. I discover lua bind project when looking for simple examples for exporting classes to lua.

I tried run the first example on the documentation

int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) {
using namespace luabind;

lua_State *L = luaL_newstate();
open(L);

module(L) [
def( "greet", &greet )
];

But it crashes on the module definition. I'm writing a 64bits application to run under Windows. So, I compiled lua for 64bits and I compiled luabind to 64bits with VC2010 as well. The problem is that it crashes on the module definition. More especifically

Unhandled exception at 0x000007fef27438ac (luabind.dll) in LuaBindExample.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x000000013f9ff7b1.

Does luabind works with 64bits?

Thanks in advance.

--
Anyday, anytime.

http://www.capimlokura.com.br

Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
TLuisRS

Re: Luabind access violation on module definition

Ryan Pavlik-4
I've used it in 64-bit on Linux. Could  you try building with debug on and see actually where it's crashing? 64-bit pointers on their own aren't too useful, sadly.

Ryan

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ryan Pavlik
HCI Graduate Student
Virtual Reality Applications Center
Iowa State University

[hidden email]
http://academic.cleardefinition.com

Fwd: Luabind access violation on module definition

Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
Hi, thanks for the support.

The application crashes in the file xstring. Two steps back in the stack trace and I got that the crash occurs here

LUABIND_API void add_overload(
    object const& context, char const* name, object const& fn)
{
    function_object* f = *touserdata<function_object*>(getupvalue(fn, 1));
    f->name = name;

    if (object overloads = context[name])
    {
        if (is_luabind_function(overloads) && is_luabind_function(fn))
        {
            f->next = *touserdata<function_object*>(getupvalue(overloads, 1));
            f->keepalive = overloads;

    context[name] = fn;
}

Re: Luabind access violation on module definition

Thales Luis Rodrigues Sabino
Hi again. I don't know why but I was able to get luabind working but just with the version with this tutorial

I don't know why but it works now.