LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Jerome Vuarand-2
Hi list,
 
I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua, and found something called luassl. According to google that page moved a lot but I finally found it there :
 
The last version is still alpha and has been released on 2003/11/21. Does anyone know if there is a more recent version ? Especially a version for Lua 5.1.
 
The luassl author also mentions on that page that luassl may become a "joint project" with LuaSocket. Is there some work done to bring SSL into LuaSocket ? Is that planned ? LuaSocket seems to be the de facto standard for networking on Lua, so I'd enjoy adding stuff to it.
 
Jérôme.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua

Try also http://luacrypto.luaforge.net/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

David Burgess
In reply to this post by Jerome Vuarand-2
Hi Jerome,

Talk to Diego for details about this but, I am currently working on and
am making some progress towards a SSL/TLS implementation for
LuaSocket. At a rough guess this is not going to be at a final release
point in this calendar year, although a beta is possible. It will certainly
be using OpenSSL for the *nix systems.

David Burgess

Jerome Vuarand wrote:


Hi list,

I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua, and found something called
luassl. According to google that page moved a lot but I finally found it
there :
http://www.procc.fiocruz.br/~carneiro/software/luassl/index.html

The last version is still alpha and has been released on 2003/11/21. Does
anyone know if there is a more recent version ? Especially a version for Lua
5.1.

The luassl author also mentions on that page that luassl may become a "joint
project" with LuaSocket. Is there some work done to bring SSL into LuaSocket
? Is that planned ? LuaSocket seems to be the de facto standard for
networking on Lua, so I'd enjoy adding stuff to it.

Jérôme.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Keith Howe
In reply to this post by Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua

Try also http://luacrypto.luaforge.net/


And rest assured that luacrypto is actually still alive, though I
haven't released anything in a while :)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Mark Edgar
Keith Howe wrote:
> I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua

Try also http://luacrypto.luaforge.net/

OpenSSL has essentially two libraries: SSL and crypto. Currently, luacrypto provides a binding only for (portions of) the crypto library. Are there plans to provide a binding for the SSL library too?

And rest assured that luacrypto is actually still alive, though I
haven't released anything in a while :)

Have you seen these BTW?

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCryptoRand

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCrypto

I have a horrible habit of notifying authors via the LuaForge forums instead of email ...

					-Mark

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Bruno Silvestre-2
In reply to this post by Jerome Vuarand-2
Hi,

On 8/11/06, Jerome Vuarand <[hidden email]> wrote:

I was looking for a binding of OpenSSL for Lua, and found something called
luassl.

I worked in a binding for OpenSSL months ago, you can find it at

http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~brunoos/luasec/

The site is in portuguese (sorry), but LuaSec uses the same API of
LuaSocket and the samples in "Testes" link can help you. You can send
me e-mail if you have some problem.

--
T+, bruno

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Paul Hudson-2
In reply to this post by David Burgess
Will it be possible to negotiate and change to an SSL connection on an
already connected socket? (Jabber/XMPP seems to require this)


-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[[hidden email]] On Behalf Of D Burgess
Sent: 11 August 2006 17:09
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Hi Jerome,

Talk to Diego for details about this but, I am currently working on and
am making some progress towards a SSL/TLS implementation for
LuaSocket. At a rough guess this is not going to be at a final release
point in this calendar year, although a beta is possible. It will certainly
be using OpenSSL for the *nix systems.

David Burgess



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

David Burgess
Yes.

On 8/20/06, Paul Hudson <[hidden email]> wrote:
Will it be possible to negotiate and change to an SSL connection on an
already connected socket? (Jabber/XMPP seems to require this)


-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[[hidden email]] On Behalf Of D Burgess
Sent: 11 August 2006 17:09
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Hi Jerome,

Talk to Diego for details about this but, I am currently working on and
am making some progress towards a SSL/TLS implementation for
LuaSocket. At a rough guess this is not going to be at a final release
point in this calendar year, although a beta is possible. It will certainly
be using OpenSSL for the *nix systems.

David Burgess




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LuaSSL, LuaSocket ?

Keith Howe
In reply to this post by Mark Edgar
On 8/11/06, Mark Edgar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Have you seen these BTW?

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCryptoRand

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaCrypto

I had not seen them. Added to my latest code, thanks :).