LuaJIT and Lua 5.1 final

Matt Campbell-2
Hello:

I recently learned about LuaJIT and am wondering when a version based on Lua 5.1 final will be available. Alternatively, is it possible to obtain the required patches to Lua and apply them to Lua 5.1 final myself? Thanks.

--
Matt Campbell
Lead Programmer

Re: LuaJIT and Lua 5.1 final

Mike Pall-3-2
Hi,

Matt Campbell wrote:
> I recently learned about LuaJIT and am wondering when a version based on
> Lua 5.1 final will be available.

The next version of LuaJIT will include many enhancements (much
faster) and is based on Lua 5.1 final.

I've made good progress over the weekend and have only a few
items left on my todo list for this release. Anyone who is
willing to beta test pre-releases, please mail me. I plan to send
an announcement to all beta testers within the next two weeks
(but no promises).

> Alternatively, is it possible to
> obtain the required patches to Lua and apply them to Lua 5.1 final
> myself?

This doesn't work. The call setup changed between Lua 5.1 alpha
and final.

Bye,
     Mike