LuaConf

Roberto Ierusalimschy
The LuaConf 2016, held yesterday here in Rio, was great! Many thanks to
Etiene Dalcol and Evandro Gonçalves for organizing the event.

Re: LuaConf

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> The LuaConf 2016, held yesterday here in Rio, was great! Many thanks to
> Etiene Dalcol and Evandro Gonçalves for organizing the event.
>
> -- Roberto

Indeed! I look forward to LuaConf 2017!

Re: LuaConf

Daurnimator
On 11 July 2016 at 02:57, Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The LuaConf 2016, held yesterday here in Rio, was great! Many thanks to
> Etiene Dalcol and Evandro Gonçalves for organizing the event.
>
> -- Roberto

Were talks recorded? Will they be uploaded?
Are slides from talks available somewhere?

Re: LuaConf

Tomás Guisasola-2
>> The LuaConf 2016, held yesterday here in Rio, was great! Many thanks
>> Etiene Dalcol and Evandro Gonçalves for organizing the event.
+1

> Indeed! I look forward to LuaConf 2017!
+1

Tomás

Re: LuaConf

Etiene Dalcol

> Were talks recorded? Will they be uploaded?
Yes. Yes.

> Are slides from talks available somewhere?

Not yet, but they will be available at the website later. Some speakers have tweeted their slides already and we retweeted them (http://twitter.com/luaconf)

Re: LuaConf

Ignacio Burgueño-2
That is great news! Congrats to everyone involved with the organization. Seems that it was a really good conference :)

Regards,
Ignacio

Re: LuaConf

Etiene Dalcol
I'm back to Germany now and wrapping up some things :) I'll make a new announcements when the videos are online! :)

I'd like to say that I'm really satisfied with the results of this conference, the great discussions that it has spawned, and extend this thank-you-list to:

1 - Our marvelous group of volunteers: Kaury Miranda, Fernanda Castro, Ana Carolina Esteves, Ana Carolina da Hora, Thaíssa Falbo and Pedro Freitas. Special thanks also to the auditorium technicians and break-box's staff.

2 - The great speakers, some of them who came from very far away, who took the time to prepare amazing talks: Roberto Ierusalimschy, Alex Wiltschko, Alex Scotti, Cristina Vasconcelos, Fabio Mascarenhas, Charles McKeever, Sean Head, Xavier Denis, Elihú Mejía, Hisham Muhammad, Ana Lúcia de Moura,  Lourival Vieira Neto, Tim Caswell and Leandro Moreira.

3 - The sponsors and others who supported us to make this conference happen: Corona Labs, Twitter, RedBeach, Mashape and PUC-Rio's computer science department. Also thanks to StackOverflow, for giving me Lua t-shirts and hundreds of stickers that I'm distributing in various events. (They're almost over, if you want to help me distribute more, get in touch!)

4 - Everyone who attended, it was wonderful to see the auditorium packed!

Now, if I may ask a personal favor, that is at the same time related and unrelated to LuaConf, when I was coming back to Germany from Brazil unfortunately I lost my passport. It was found but too late for me to be able to board on my flight. I had to buy new tickets with my personal money and they costed 1000€ that I don't have, 500€ were luckily covered by family. So, if you would like to help me recover financially from this 500€ loss, please make a donation of any value to [hidden email] through paypal (or use this url https://www.paypal.me/sailorlua)! Thank you so much!

I hope you all enjoyed! I'm very excited for LuaConf 2017 now :)

Cheers,
Etiene

--
Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineering student at ENSTA Bretagne and PUC-Rio
Sailor Developer http://sailorproject.org
Lua Ladies Founder
http://lualadies.org