Lua users in California?

Yuri Takhteyev
I am looking for list members in California who could tell me about
their experience with Lua.  If you are in CA and can spare a bit of
time to answer some questions, can you let me know?

I am a Ph.D. student at Berkeley writing a dissertation on software
development in Brazil and its links with software development
elsewhere.   A part of this study is focused on the Lua community,
since Lua is a interesting example of Brazilian technology that has
gained a rather distributed following.  Most of this work is done in
Rio, but at the moment I am in San Francisco and am looking to
interview some of the members of the community here in California.

If you are in California and could spare a little bit of time to tell
me about your experience with Lua (how you learned about it, how  you
are using it if you are, etc.), it would really help.  If you are here
but don't have the time, I would still appreciate hearing back from
you just so that I could get a feeling for how many people on the list
are here.

If you want to know more about what the project, including what data I
am collecting and how I am using it, I will be happy to answer any
questions.

 - yuri

--
Yuri Takhteyev
UC Berkeley School of Information
http://www.freewisdom.org/

Re: Lua users in California?

Glenn edgar
Hi Yuri

I am a Lua user in San Diego. I will be happy to answer your questions. I am using lua in embedded systems and right now lua is being used in an internet tv project.

By the way my son Tim Edgar is a mechanical and electrical junior at Berkeley. Say hello if you meet him.

Waiting your questions

Glenn Edgar

Yuri Takhteyev wrote:

[...]

Roger Ivie
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Yuri Takhteyev wrote:
I am looking for list members in California who could tell me about
their experience with Lua.  If you are in CA and can spare a bit of
time to answer some questions, can you let me know?

I'm in Ridgecrest, CA doing some Lua work. I'd be more amenable to
answering questions via e-mail than phone or in person, though.
--
roger ivie

RE: Lua users in California?

Vijay Aswadhati-2
I am Lua user in San Jose, CA. I use Lua for systems integration - like
apply glue (read binding) over blocks (read third-party libraries and SDKs)
and stick them together and place a healthy does of cream (Lua) on the top.

I would be happy to answer questions via e-mail.

RE: Lua users in California?

Vijay Aswadhati-2
> From: [hidden email] [[hidden email]
> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of Vijay Aswadhati
> On February 08, 2007 9:00 AM, Vijay Aswadhati wrote:
>
> I am Lua user in San Jose, CA. I use Lua for systems integration - like
> apply glue (read binding) over blocks (read third-party libraries and
> SDKs) and stick them together and place a healthy does of cream (Lua) on
>                                                   ^^^^
> the top.
>
> I would be happy to answer questions via e-mail.

Does --> dose

Moral of the story: do not push that send button unless you had your first
cup of coffee for the day!

Cheers,
Vijay Aswadhati

Re: Lua users in California?

Jim Mellander
Hi:

I'm right up the hill from UCB, at LBL.  I use lua to process netflow
records received from routers and convert the records to events for our
IDS to munch on.  I chose lua for this project (even though I had no
experience in it), as it seemed to offer the performance I needed, along
with the rapid development time, without a steep learning curve.  Would
be happy to chat with you.

--
Jim Mellander
Incident Response Manager

The reason you are having computer problems is:

Only people with names beginning with 'A' are getting mail this week (a
la Microsoft)