Lua scripts for testing

Russell Haley
Hi,

I've been tinkering lately with NeoLua and C#. NeoLua is an implementation of Lua based on the DotNet Dynamic Runtime. I've had good success with it so far.

Then just yesterday, Mr. Vinicius Jarina updated his KeraLua DotNet/Lua bindings to 5.3 (Happy New Year!). I was playing with that last night and the few things I tried worked quite well too. That started me wondering about how NeoLua performs compared to standard Lua. (The NLua C# API - also by Mr. Jarina - needs to be ported to the new KeraLua, then I could do a real "apples to apples" comparison.)

With all that said, I was hoping is that someone might have a battery of Lua scripts to test Lua performance? I'll write some of my own for simple things, but if someone has a test suite that targets performance sensitive aspects of Lua, I'd be interested in using those as well.

Happy New Year!
Russ

Re: Lua scripts for testing

nobody
On 01/01/2019 21.21, Russell Haley wrote:
> With all that said, I was hoping is that someone might have a battery
> of Lua scripts to test Lua performance?

ME TOO!! ;-)

I could also use a well-rounded collection of tests…

What I have so far mostly comes from the "Computer Language Benchmarks
Game" – the stuff keeps moving / disappearing, but right now it seems to
live at https://salsa.debian.org/benchmarksgame-team/benchmarksgame/ and
the program sources are linked from 'questions' below (as a zip).

-- nobody

Re: Lua scripts for testing

Russell Haley

On Tue, Jan 1, 2019 at 4:08 PM nobody <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 01/01/2019 21.21, Russell Haley wrote:
> With all that said, I was hoping is that someone might have a battery
> of Lua scripts to test Lua performance?

ME TOO!! ;-)

I could also use a well-rounded collection of tests…

What I have so far mostly comes from the "Computer Language Benchmarks
Game" – the stuff keeps moving / disappearing, but right now it seems to
live at https://salsa.debian.org/benchmarksgame-team/benchmarksgame/ and
the program sources are linked from 'questions' below (as a zip).

Thanks!

I'm getting some weird results so far with my own very limited tests. If I run KeraLua (Lua) first, then NeoLua (dynamic runtime) is faster by about 12% on average. If I run NeoLua first, KeraLua is faster by 30%.

Stupid DotNet runtime.

Russ

-- nobody