Lua overview/tutorial at XGDC'01

Michael Cuddy
I'm putting together an outline for a Lua tutorial at the Xtreme Games
Developer's miniConference (xgdc).

While I'm no LUA expert, I'd really like to evangelize the system
to those attending.

The format is ~50 minutes of talk, and there's alot of ground to cover
(I'm thinking of requesting two slots ;-)

I've put up the abstract and outline for the course on my web site,
and I'd like to get comments from this list about them.  Have I missed
something big?  Do you think I'm trying to cover too much ground?
Do I have bad ordering on some topics?

The talk will cover Lua 4.1, which I expect to be generally available--or i
very close to it--by the time the conference rolls around (September 29-30).

The URL for the outline and abstract is:
http://www.fensende.com/~mcuddy/ltn/xgdc3

For those interested in the conference, which is held at the Santa Clara
Convention Center (in the Silicon Valley, CA), check out http://www.xgdc.com

Thanks.
--
Mike Cuddy ([hidden email], MC312), Programmer, Daddy, Human.
Fen's Ende Software, Redwood City, CA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

       Now I lay me down to sleep / CVS, I pray, my code to keep.
       If disks crash before I wake: / format, newfs, cvs up, make.

       Join CAUCE: The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial E-mail.
                          <http://www.cauce.org/>

RE: Lua overview/tutorial at XGDC'01

Ashley Fryer-2

In outline section 1A, I would add:

   5. vs Java
   6. vs roll-your-own/Lex/YACC

#5 because of Ron Huebner's work with Java as a scripting language.