Lua on ARM baremetal

Andre Leiradella-2
Hi All,

This is almost one year old now but I think it's interesting enough to
share: stock Lua running on a Raspberry Pi without an OS [1,2].

No changes were made to Lua's source code. There was an issue with
printing 64-bit integers but it was solved by correctly configuring
Newlib [3].

Cheers,

Andre

[1] https://leiradel.github.io/2019/03/24/File-Upload.html
[2] https://asciinema.org/a/234924
[3]
https://github.com/leiradel/barebones-rpi/commit/e01035de2734200e282f57bfb0340637710c1297

Re: Lua on ARM baremetal

Pierre Chapuis
On Sun, Jan 19, 2020, at 22:31, Andre Leiradella wrote:

> This is almost one year old now but I think it's interesting enough to
> share: stock Lua running on a Raspberry Pi without an OS [1,2].

Thanks for sharing this!

Now wondering how much work it would take to make it support
things like USB and network... :)

--
Pierre Chapuis