Lua in Waze

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
It has come to our attention that Waze uses Lua.
Indeed, waze-4-35-0-15.apk does include Lua 5.3.3 and contains a few
Lua scripts.
However, we couldn't find any information online about this at all.
Does anyone know a reference or details about the use of Lua in Waze?

Ryan | Charles <[hidden email]>
Software Developer / System Administrator

Software Developer / System Administrator

Re: Lua in Waze

Pierre Chapuis
I have checked the content of the APK of a slightly modified version of Waze [1].

It looks like Lua is used for two purposes: skins and small scripts [2].

According to cloc, the "scripts" directory contains 425 lines of Lua code,
while the scripts directory contains 9064 lines.

--
Pierre Chapuis