Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Alexander Gladysh
Hi, all!

Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be broadcasted live at the conference's official site:

http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/

Most of the talks are in English, so you can join us even if you can'd come to Moscow tomorrow.

See the schedule at the same link above.

Best,
Alexander.

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Daurnimator
On 5 March 2017 at 06:00, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
> broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
>
> http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/

Thanks for the live video feed!
I think this is a first for lua conferences? Well done!

I've been trying to watch this while I work today, but can't keep up :)
Will no doubt get through the content over the next week.

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Daurnimator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5 March 2017 at 06:00, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
> > broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
> >
> > http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/
>

> Thanks for the live video feed!
> I think this is a first for lua conferences? Well done!

Not sure if it is a first, but I'm glad it is useful!

> I've been trying to watch this while I work today, but can't keep up :)
> Will no doubt get through the content over the next week.

NB: The video we have at the moment is temporary, a technical remnant
of the translation. Proper talk videos will be published with time.

Best,
Alexander.

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Aapo Talvensaari
Nice videos indeed. Thank you Alexander and your crew once again! There seems to be some good vibe around Lua all over the world.

Regards
Aapo

On Mon, 6 Mar 2017 at 22.25 Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Daurnimator <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 5 March 2017 at 06:00, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
> > broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
> >
> > http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/
>

> Thanks for the live video feed!
> I think this is a first for lua conferences? Well done!

Not sure if it is a first, but I'm glad it is useful!

> I've been trying to watch this while I work today, but can't keep up :)
> Will no doubt get through the content over the next week.

NB: The video we have at the moment is temporary, a technical remnant
of the translation. Proper talk videos will be published with time.

Best,
Alexander.

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Dibyendu Majumdar
On 4 March 2017 at 19:00, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
> broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
>
> http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/

Thanks you very much for making the recording available immediately.
Really enjoyed the talks!

Regards
Dibyendu

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Ką Mykolas
He he, and Ravi was mentioned... at least 4 times :}

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 2:39 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar <[hidden email]> wrote:

Really enjoyed the talks!

Regards
Dibyendu

On 7 March 2017 at 02:13, Ką Mykolas <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ravi was mentioned... at least 4 times :}

Cool. I noticed some discussion of Ravi's use of Lua 5.3 tests. I
suggested a while back that an API should be available to output the
limits in Lua, and the tests should use these. See
http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2015-11/msg00055.html.

One thing also for Anton Soldatov: the Lua tests have grown
significantly in size from 5.1 to 5.2 to 5.3. LuaJIT is actually able
to run most of the 5.2 tests as well last time I checked - so you may
want to incorporate a modified version of 5.2 tests (tests involving
_ENV fail) in your test suite.

Regards
Dibyendu

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Anton Soldatov
Hi Dibyendu,

Thanks for the hint about the 5.2 suite!

Med vennlig hilsen,
Anton Soldatov

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

François Perrad

> On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 9:37 AM, Daurnimator <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 5 March 2017 at 06:00, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
>> > broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
>> >
>> > http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/
>>

>> Thanks for the live video feed!
>> I think this is a first for lua conferences? Well done!
>

> Not sure if it is a first, but I'm glad it is useful!
>

>> I've been trying to watch this while I work today, but can't keep up :)
>> Will no doubt get through the content over the next week.
>

> NB: The video we have at the moment is temporary, a technical remnant
> of the translation. Proper talk videos will be published with time.

Currently, the video covers the entire conference.
Here, a summary with time:
0:39 - 1:35    Functions in Lua by Roberto Ierusalimschy
1:40 - 2:25    Challenges Building Yet Another Lua Implementation by
Anton Soldatov
2:38 - 3:32    Using Lua as a language for fault-resistant distributed
backend web-applications by Konstantin Osipov
3:41 - 4:20    The rocky road to mcode by Javier Guerra Giraldez
5:25 - 6:13    Build airplane yourself! Experience of prototyping
online-marketing tools with Lua by Dmitry Potapov
6:22 - 7:12    Hard work of making native plugins for a crossplatform
game engine by Sergey Lerg
7:23 - 8:05    How to make Lua-developers life better and more
pleasant? by Artyom Zotov
8:24 - 9:26    Q&A session

François

> Best,
> Alexander.

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Hisham
On 9 March 2017 at 07:43, François Perrad <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the live video feed!
>>> I think this is a first for lua conferences? Well done!
>>

>> Not sure if it is a first, but I'm glad it is useful!
>>

>>> I've been trying to watch this while I work today, but can't keep up :)
>>> Will no doubt get through the content over the next week.
>>

>> NB: The video we have at the moment is temporary, a technical remnant
>> of the translation. Proper talk videos will be published with time.
>>

> Currently, the video covers the entire conference.
> Here, a summary with time:
> 0:39 - 1:35    Functions in Lua by Roberto Ierusalimschy
> 1:40 - 2:25    Challenges Building Yet Another Lua Implementation by
> Anton Soldatov
> 2:38 - 3:32    Using Lua as a language for fault-resistant distributed
> backend web-applications by Konstantin Osipov
> 3:41 - 4:20    The rocky road to mcode by Javier Guerra Giraldez
> 5:25 - 6:13    Build airplane yourself! Experience of prototyping
> online-marketing tools with Lua by Dmitry Potapov
> 6:22 - 7:12    Hard work of making native plugins for a crossplatform
> game engine by Sergey Lerg
> 7:23 - 8:05    How to make Lua-developers life better and more
> pleasant? by Artyom Zotov
> 8:24 - 9:26    Q&A session

Thank you! I made your timestamps clickable as a Youtube comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M6OC75TKcw

-- Hisham

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

> 0:39 - 1:35    Functions in Lua by Roberto Ierusalimschy

A paper about this talk has just been published:

    First-class functions in an imperative world
    by R. Ierusalimschy,
    Journal of Universal Computer Science 23 #1 (2017) 112-126.
    http://www.jucs.org/jucs_23_1/first_class_functions_in
    http://www.lua.org/doc/jucs17.pdf

It now appears in http://www.lua.org/docs.html#papers .

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Michal Kottman
On Mar 11, 2017 13:47, "Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 0:39 - 1:35    Functions in Lua by Roberto Ierusalimschy

A paper about this talk has just been published:

    First-class functions in an imperative world
    by R. Ierusalimschy,
    Journal of Universal Computer Science 23 #1 <a href="tel:%282017%29%20112-126" value="+12017112126">(2017) 112-126.
    http://www.jucs.org/jucs_23_1/first_class_functions_in
    http://www.lua.org/doc/jucs17.pdf

It now appears in http://www.lua.org/docs.html#papers .

Thanks for the links! Just FYI I noticed that the following code in section 3.4 is missing quotes around the pattern:

    for w in string.gmatch(s, %w+) do

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Alexander Gladysh
The first talk video is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRGOE1N-FA

Subscribe to the YouTube channel to know when the next one will be published :)

Best,
Alexander.

On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
> broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
>
> http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/
>
> Most of the talks are in English, so you can join us even if you can'd come
> to Moscow tomorrow.
>
> See the schedule at the same link above.
>
> Best,
> Alexander.

Re: Lua in Moscow 2017: live video feed tomorrow (mostly in English)

Nagaev Boris
On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The first talk video is available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdRGOE1N-FA
>
> Subscribe to the YouTube channel to know when the next one will be published :)
>
> Best,
> Alexander.
>
> On Sat, Mar 4, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Alexander Gladysh <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, all!
>>
>> Just a quick note: The Lua in Moscow conference talks tomorrow will be
>> broadcasted live at the conference's official site:
>>
>> http://lua.moscow/conf/2017/
>>
>> Most of the talks are in English, so you can join us even if you can'd come
>> to Moscow tomorrow.
>>
>> See the schedule at the same link above.
>>
>> Best,
>> Alexander.

Thank you!

What a shame I missed the talk :(