Lua buildpack for Heroku

leaf corcoran
I created a buildpack for running Lua web apps on heroku
(http://www.heroku.com/), the cloud hosting service. It's free to run
simple apps.

The build pack is here: https://github.com/leafo/heroku-buildpack-lua

I also wrote a tutorial post on how to use it:
http://leafo.net/posts/lua_on_heroku.html

I haven't tried any database connectivity yet. Just tried running a
simple webapp powered by Xavante. I messed around running orbit as
well.

The whole process was pretty smooth, my method is describing
dependencies is pretty sloppy though.

Check it out and tell me what you think.

-- Leaf

Re: Lua buildpack for Heroku

leaf corcoran
No reason. It didn't occur to me to do it until I had already written
the code for package.lua. I plan on updating it to it run a rockspec.

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Humberto S. N. dos Anjos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why did you create a package.lua with the project
> dependencies? Couldn't that information be extracted from the project's
> rockspec?
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 9:27 PM, leaf corcoran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I created a buildpack for running Lua web apps on heroku
>> (http://www.heroku.com/), the cloud hosting service. It's free to run
>> simple apps.
>>
>> The build pack is here: https://github.com/leafo/heroku-buildpack-lua
>>
>> I also wrote a tutorial post on how to use it:
>> http://leafo.net/posts/lua_on_heroku.html
>>
>> I haven't tried any database connectivity yet. Just tried running a
>> simple webapp powered by Xavante. I messed around running orbit as
>> well.
>>
>> The whole process was pretty smooth, my method is describing
>> dependencies is pretty sloppy though.
>>
>> Check it out and tell me what you think.
>>
>> -- Leaf

Re: Lua buildpack for Heroku

leaf corcoran
Updated it to use a rockspec and set the correct package paths by default:
https://github.com/leafo/heroku-buildpack-lua/blob/master/README.md