Lua and libffi

Marc Balmer
Hi

has anybody tried to make a libffi binding for Lua?  If yes, what was the outcome?

- mb

Re: Lua and libffi

steve donovan
On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> has anybody tried to make a libffi binding for Lua?  If yes, what was the outcome?

The Alien package did this, and worked well for not-too-complicated tasks.

Re: Lua and libffi

Charles Heywood
I'm not sure if there's a recent libffi binding; however, there is https://github.com/facebook/luaffifb which is (mostly) compatible wtih the LuaJIT FFI and runs on 5.1 through 5.3.

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM steve donovan <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Marc Balmer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> has anybody tried to make a libffi binding for Lua?  If yes, what was the outcome?

The Alien package did this, and worked well for not-too-complicated tasks.

Re: Lua and libffi

Ericson Carlos
On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Charles Heywood <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm not sure if there's a recent libffi binding; however, there is https://github.com/facebook/luaffifb which is (mostly) compatible wtih the LuaJIT FFI and runs on 5.1 through 5.3.

​There's also this one, seems similar: https://github.com/jmckaskill/luaffi
Seems older, still working: I tested it a bit with 5.1​

Re: Lua and libffi

Coda Highland
On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 3:11 PM, rexonf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 4:03 PM, Charles Heywood <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure if there's a recent libffi binding; however, there is
>> https://github.com/facebook/luaffifb which is (mostly) compatible wtih the
>> LuaJIT FFI and runs on 5.1 through 5.3.
>>

> There's also this one, seems similar: https://github.com/jmckaskill/luaffi
> Seems older, still working: I tested it a bit with 5.1

luaffifb is forked from luaffi to add support for newer versions of
Lua. The similarity is not unintentional. ;)

/s/ Adam