Lua Workshop

Roberto Ierusalimschy
I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
for somewhere in Europe this year.

Re: Lua Workshop

Lourival Vieira Neto
On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
> the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
> for somewhere in Europe this year.

Why not Brazil? CUJO would be definitely interested in hosting the Lua
Workshop ;-).

Lourival Vieira Neto

Re: Lua Workshop

Italo Maia
Which are the requirements for hosting the workshop, Roberto?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
> the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
> for somewhere in Europe this year.

Why not Brazil? CUJO would be definitely interested in hosting the Lua
Workshop ;-).

Lourival Vieira Neto

Re: Lua Workshop

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> Which are the requirements for hosting the workshop, Roberto?

The "basic package" is this:

  The workshop lasts for two days. The organization is very ligth. We
  need a room that accomodates everybody (at least ~60 people), with a
  projector, and some coffe breaks. If possible, it is good to have
  badges, too. (Some organizations will demand them.) Social activities
  are also welcome, but it can be (and often it is) just something like
  "let us meet in <a good bar>". (You will be responsible for suggesting
  the good bar :-) Everything else (meals, hotels, travel arrangements)
  is one's own problem. (Of course, the organization can suggest hotels
  and/or restaurants.)

The rest is up to you to decide. For instance, in 2016 and 2017, Kong
offered "pizza & beer" for dinner on the first day (or both days?). In
2015, King offered lunch on both days and a "pizza & beer" for dinner on
the first day. In 2014, Mail.ru offered only the "basic package", IIRC.
All provided to have all the talks recorded. In 2013 we did the workshop
as part of a free software event in Toulouse, and so we got only the
"basic package".

Re: Lua Workshop

Alexander Gladysh
Roberto,

I nominate Moscow. As you know, we have a vibrant local Lua community here, and we hold several events per year. We held a Lua Workshop in 2014, and, I believe, it went rather well.

Best,
Alexander.

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 9:07 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
for somewhere in Europe this year.

Re: Lua Workshop

> On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
> > the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
> > for somewhere in Europe this year.
>
> Why not Brazil? CUJO would be definitely interested in hosting the Lua
> Workshop ;-).

Quando podemos conversar sobre isso?

Re: Lua Workshop

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> > On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > I know it is a little late, but is there anyone interested in hosting
> > > the Lua Workshop 2018? As the last two were in the US, we are looking
> > > for somewhere in Europe this year.
> >
> > Why not Brazil? CUJO would be definitely interested in hosting the Lua
> > Workshop ;-).
>
> Quando podemos conversar sobre isso?

Sorry for the noise.

-- Roberto