Lua Workshop 2018

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> I bought flights to vilnius. Hope it all works out!

Why would it not? Why do you all make this sound like we are going
to the jungle? We already made several Lua workshops in cities/towns
without major airports with international routes (Frick, Venlo,
Reston). I don't think anyone had trouble flying to a near major airport
and getting a train/bus/whatever to the venue.

I will go through Vilnius too. If anyone is interested, we can organize
to go together on Wednesday to Kaunas. Then, we will be safer if a pride
of lions attacks us...

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Gavin Wraith
In message <[hidden email]>
          Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I bought flights to vilnius. Hope it all works out!
>
>Why would it not? Why do you all make this sound like we are going
>to the jungle?

Before you go, read the Wikipedia article "Vilna Gaon". He apparently
had an eidetic memory.
--
Gavin Wraith ([hidden email])
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Pierre Chapuis
On Mon, Jul 23, 2018, at 22:09, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

> I will go through Vilnius too. If anyone is interested, we can organize
> to go together on Wednesday to Kaunas. Then, we will be safer if a pride
> of lions attacks us...

We can do that. Personally I should arrive in VNO at 17:20 on the Wednesday.

Pierre Chapuis

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Pierre Chapuis
By the way, an advantage of Kaunas compared to Vilnius is that hotels are apparently much cheaper.

Personally I booked a room at Magnus Hotel [1] which is close enough to CUJO's office [2]
(35 min on foot according to Google Maps, and there are lots of buses to do the trip as well),
and very close to the train station (7 min on foot).

[1] https://www.booking.com/hotel/lt/magnus.en-gb.html
[2] https://goo.gl/maps/ZU8ZfuKVTpv

Pierre Chapuis

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Etiene Dalcol

Why would it not? Why do you all make this sound like we are going
to the jungle? We already made several Lua workshops in cities/towns
without major airports with international routes (Frick, Venlo,
Reston). I don't think anyone had trouble flying to a near major airport
and getting a train/bus/whatever to the venue.

I will go through Vilnius too. If anyone is interested, we can organize
to go together on Wednesday to Kaunas. Then, we will be safer if a pride
of lions attacks us...

Fair enough hahaha, I meant I hope it all works out with the organization of the venue since it changed, not with my trip, I'm not too worried about that  :)
I arrive Tuesday in the middle of the night and I'm sleeping on the vilnius airport hotel. I'm down for a day visit of Vilnius then going together to Kaunas on wednesday.

Etiene Dalcol

Software Engineer and NLP Researcher
Lua Space http://lua.space
LuaConf http://luaconf.com

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Etiene Dalcol
I made a real-time chat on telegram for people that want to organise things quickly and take some of this chat out of the mailing list: https://t.me/joinchat/ER6fQ0_RnOJxNW6llRjmDA

Is that useful? Do you use telegram?
Cheers

Etiene Dalcol <[hidden email]> schrieb am Di., 24. Juli 2018, 11:51:

[...]

LuaConf http://luaconf.com

LuaConf http://luaconf.com

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

There is now a local page containing information on the venue and tips
on travel and accommodation:
https://www.cujo.com/lua-workshop/

There is a link to it in the workshop page:
http://www.lua.org/wshop18.html

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

> I arrive Tuesday in the middle of the night and I'm sleeping on the vilnius
> airport hotel. I'm down for a day visit of Vilnius then going together to
> Kaunas on wednesday.

I will arrive on Monday in Vilnius (and will return on Saturday to Vinius,
to get a plane back to Rio on Sunday).

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

> Personally I booked a room at Magnus Hotel [1] which is close enough to CUJO's office [2]
> (35 min on foot according to Google Maps, and there are lots of buses to do the trip as well),
> and very close to the train station (7 min on foot).

I've got a reservation there, too.

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Registration for the Lua Workshop 2018 is still open. See
http://www.lua.org/wshop18.html

We need a full program.
Please come and talk about your Lua adventures in person.
Send a title and abstract to [hidden email].

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Italo Maia
I'll also be staying in the magnus hotel, but from 5~8 and in Vilnius from 8~9 (not sure where yet) (cuz my flight is like, really early in the morning).
I'm very excited!

Registration for the Lua Workshop 2018 is still open. See
http://www.lua.org/wshop18.html

We need a full program.
Please come and talk about your Lua adventures in person.
Send a title and abstract to [hidden email].

--
"A arrogância é a arma dos fracos."

===========================
Me. Italo Moreira Campelo Maia
Co-fundador do Grupo de Usuários Python do Ceará
Secretário ForHacker (fb.com/ForHackerSpace)
Desenvolvedor Full-Stack, Escritor, Empresário, Visionário
Meu Livro, Site, Blog
===========================

Send a title and abstract to [hidden email].

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
See the program for the Lua Workshop 2018 at
https://www.getcujo.com/lua-workshop-program/

Registration is still open. See
http://www.lua.org/wshop18.html

With best regards,
Kupriyanov Mikhail.

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Tomás Guisasola-2
Hi Miha

The link worked for me.  Maybe it was a temporary problem...

Regards,
Tomás

Em seg, 3 de set de 2018 às 10:55, Miha Cooper <[hidden email]> escreveu:
Luiz, the link is not working, I'm getting 404:
https://www.getcujo.com/lua-workshop-program/

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 16:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <[hidden email]> wrote:
See the program for the Lua Workshop 2018 at
https://www.getcujo.com/lua-workshop-program/

Registration is still open. See
http://www.lua.org/wshop18.html

With best regards,
Kupriyanov Mikhail.

With best regards,
Kupriyanov Mikhail.

With best regards,
Kupriyanov Mikhail.

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Ivan Krylov
В Mon, 3 Sep 2018 18:13:28 +0300
Miha Cooper <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Very strange, cause it still does not work for me)

Same for me; it does work when I use Tor Browser. Perhaps the site
administrators block clients with Russian IP addresses?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

Re: Lua Workshop 2018

Ką Mykolas
Yup, 404 through Russian VPN end-point o_0

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 7:24 PM Ivan Krylov <[hidden email]> wrote:
В Mon, 3 Sep 2018 18:13:28 +0300
Miha Cooper <[hidden email]> пишет:

> Very strange, cause it still does not work for me)

Same for me; it does work when I use Tor Browser. Perhaps the site
administrators block clients with Russian IP addresses?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

1234