Lua Workshop 2015

Roberto Ierusalimschy
The Lua Workshop 2015 will be hosted by King in Stockholm on October
15-16 (Th-Fr), 2015.

A weg page for the Workshop will be up soon.

As in previous workshops, the workshop is open to everyone interested
in Lua. We hope to see many of you there.

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Roberto Ierusalimschy
> Is there a page for workshop yet? If so where?
>
> Robert

Not yet. We hope to have it soon.

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Robert Virding-2
OK, ty,

Robert

On 29 April 2015 at 15:30, Roberto Ierusalimschy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a page for workshop yet? If so where?
>
> Robert

Not yet. We hope to have it soon.

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October 15-16,
courtesy of King. There is a web page for the Workshop at
        http://luastockholm2015.se/

A page at lua.org will be up soon at
        http://www.lua.org/wshop15.html

Registration is open:
        http://luastockholm2015.se/#ATTEND

We hope to see many of you there.

--lhf, for the Lua team

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Pierre Chapuis
<slightly off topic>

If somebofy from King reads this: there is a Lua Uppercase Accident
on their job page [1] :)

</slightly off topic>

See you at the Workshop (hopefully)!

[1] https://jobs.king.com/roles/software-engineering-and-development

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

This is a reminder that the registrations for the Lua Workshop 2015
remain open at
        http://luastockholm2015.se/#ATTEND

This is also a call for presentations to be given at the Workshop.
Please come and tell us what you have done or plan to do with Lua!

If you'd like to speak at the workshop, please send a tentative title
and a short abstract with your registration.

If you've already registered, send another message with your talk proposal.

The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October 15-16,
courtesy of King. For more information, see
        http://luastockholm2015.se/
        http://www.lua.org/wshop15.html

--lhf, for the Lua team

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Lorenzo Donati-3

On 05/05/2015 12:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October 15-16,
> courtesy of King. There is a web page for the Workshop at

For a moment I thought it was "The King" of Sweden!
Too good to be true to be recognized at such an high level for we poor
SW developer! We don't even have a Nobel prize! :-)

> http://luastockholm2015.se/
>
> A page at lua.org will be up soon at
> http://www.lua.org/wshop15.html
>
> Registration is open:
> http://luastockholm2015.se/#ATTEND
>
> We hope to see many of you there.
>
> --lhf, for the Lua team

Cheers!

-- Lorenzo

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Marc Balmer

Am 18.08.15 um 01:35 schrieb Lorenzo Donati:

> On 05/05/2015 12:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>> The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October
>> 15-16,
>> courtesy of King. There is a web page for the Workshop at
>
> For a moment I thought it was "The King" of Sweden!
> Too good to be true to be recognized at such an high level for we poor
> SW developer! We don't even have a Nobel prize! :-)

There is the Turing Award which is widely seen as the Nobel prize in
informatics.  FWIW, his years laureate is Prof. Michael Stonebreaker of
PostgreSQL fame.

>>     http://luastockholm2015.se/
>>
>> A page at lua.org will be up soon at
>>     http://www.lua.org/wshop15.html
>>
>> Registration is open:
>>     http://luastockholm2015.se/#ATTEND
>>
>> We hope to see many of you there.
>>
>> --lhf, for the Lua team
>>

> Cheers!
>
> -- Lorenzo

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Lorenzo Donati-3

On 18/08/2015 09:02, Marc Balmer wrote:

> Am 18.08.15 um 01:35 schrieb Lorenzo Donati:
>>

>> On 05/05/2015 12:13, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>>> The Lua Workshop 2015 will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, on October
>>> 15-16,
>>> courtesy of King. There is a web page for the Workshop at
>>
>> For a moment I thought it was "The King" of Sweden!
>> Too good to be true to be recognized at such an high level for we poor
>> SW developer! We don't even have a Nobel prize! :-)
>
> There is the Turing Award which is widely seen as the Nobel prize in
> informatics.  FWIW, his years laureate is Prof. Michael Stonebreaker of
> PostgreSQL fame.

Yep! But, let's be honest, how many laymen know what a Turing award is?
Probably if you went to the grocery store and told the owner you won a
Turing award vs. you won a Nobel prize I suspect the effect would be
remarkably different! Well, unless the owner were a former computer
scientist. :-)

Sad truth, though :-(

>>>      http://luastockholm2015.se/
>>>
>>> A page at lua.org will be up soon at
>>>      http://www.lua.org/wshop15.html
>>>
>>> Registration is open:
>>>      http://luastockholm2015.se/#ATTEND
>>>
>>> We hope to see many of you there.
>>>
>>> --lhf, for the Lua team
>>>

>> Cheers!
>>
>> -- Lorenzo

Re: Lua Workshop 2015

Lorenzo Donati-3

On 18/08/2015 15:11, Lorenzo Donati wrote:

> On 18/08/2015 09:02, Marc Balmer wrote:

>>> For a moment I thought it was "The King" of Sweden!
>>> Too good to be true to be recognized at such an high level for we poor
>>> SW developer! We don't even have a Nobel prize! :-)
>>
>> There is the Turing Award which is widely seen as the Nobel prize in
>> informatics.  FWIW, his years laureate is Prof. Michael Stonebreaker of
>> PostgreSQL fame.
>>

> Yep! But, let's be honest, how many laymen know what a Turing award is?
> Probably if you went to the grocery store and told the owner you won a
> Turing award vs. you won a Nobel prize I suspect the effect would be
> remarkably different! Well, unless the owner were a former computer
> scientist. :-)

Anyway, at least we don't risk this:

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/what-it-s-like-to-carry-your-nobel-prize-through-airport-security/

:-D