Lua Workshop 2012 question

Rodriguez, John

I had a question about the Lua Workshop 2008.

As I understand it, the Lua Workshop 2008 may have been streamed live? Because many live streaming solutions are prohibitively expensive, does anyone know how this was done in 2008?

Currently, we are planning to record the presentations for the Lua Workshop 2012, so they can be posted later on some service like youtube.

Thanks,

John Rodriguez

Verisign, Inc.

Re: Lua Workshop 2012 question

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Google+ Hangouts are extremely limited in what they can do.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Re: Lua Workshop 2012 question

Benjamin Cabé
Wow, that is a very constructive feedback!... What are the requirements then?

FWIW the weekly hangouts held by Adafruit are just great: multi-cams, multi-users scattered all over the world, live question via instant messaging, HD quality... Is there something I am missing or what?

Benjamin.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Re: Lua Workshop 2012 question

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
Hangouts work fine for small numbers of participants - maybe it will
be OK for Lua conference. But I've had even moderate-sized sessions
fall apart on me.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:48 PM, Benjamin Cabé
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, that is a very constructive feedback!... What are the requirements then?
>
> FWIW the weekly hangouts held by Adafruit are just great: multi-cams, multi-users scattered all over the world, live question via instant messaging, HD quality... Is there something I am missing or what?
>
> Benjamin.
>
> "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

> Google+ Hangouts are extremely limited in what they can do.
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Benjamin Cabé
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about doing a Google Hangout? Works pretty well for streaming *and*
>> availability on YouTube right after the end of the recording.
>>
>> Benjamin.
>>
>> "Rodriguez, John" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I had a question about the Lua Workshop 2008.
>>

>> As I understand it, the Lua Workshop 2008 may have been streamed live?
>> Because many live streaming solutions are prohibitively expensive, does
>> anyone know how this was done in 2008?
>>

>> Currently, we are planning to record the presentations for the Lua Workshop
>> 2012, so they can be posted later on some service like youtube.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> John Rodriguez
>>
>> Verisign, Inc.
>>

> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
> Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr
>
> How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
> oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Re: Lua Workshop 2012 question

Benjamin Cabé
AFAICT there's no problem if the hundred of viewers do not share their audio and video, which I think they won't anyway, unless if there are remote presenters maybe.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Wow, that is a very constructive feedback!... What are the requirements then?
>
> FWIW the weekly hangouts held by Adafruit are just great: multi-cams, multi-users scattered all over the world, live question via instant messaging, HD quality... Is there something I am missing or what?
>
> Benjamin.
>
> "M. Edward (Ed) Borasky" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>

> Google+ Hangouts are extremely limited in what they can do.
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM, Benjamin Cabé
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about doing a Google Hangout? Works pretty well for streaming *and*
>> availability on YouTube right after the end of the recording.
>>
>> Benjamin.
>>
>> "Rodriguez, John" <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>>
>> I had a question about the Lua Workshop 2008.
>>

>> As I understand it, the Lua Workshop 2008 may have been streamed live?
>> Because many live streaming solutions are prohibitively expensive, does
>> anyone know how this was done in 2008?
>>

>> Currently, we are planning to record the presentations for the Lua Workshop
>> 2012, so they can be posted later on some service like youtube.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> John Rodriguez
>>
>> Verisign, Inc.
>>

> --
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
> Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr
>
> How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
> oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

Re: Lua Workshop 2012 question

Steve Dekorte-4

Would definitely like to check this out if it is streamed or posted though I'd prefer videos posted the same day to youtube/vimeo.

Steve