Lua VM in Java

Daniel Quintela
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is the status of kahlua and lua4j?

Is there other similar project?

Best regards,
Daniel

Re: Lua VM in Java

Paul Hudson-2
A past company I worked for went bust, but just before they did, we completed a Lua VM in Java (or rather a consultancy did the work for us). The IP of the company went to Symbian, but since I doubt the consultancy got paid, the rights for the VM may have stayed with them.

David Jones (if he's still reading this list) may wish to interject here?

P.

Re: Lua VM in Java

Kristofer Karlsson
I can only speak for Kahlua, which is still under development but
should be good enough for the intended usage right now. It entered a
stable mode a few months ago without any known severe bugs - however
it lacks a great deal of original lua features (some by design, some
by difficulty to implement).
The source code is open and very small, so you can download it
yourself and fix bugs / add features without much problem.