Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Wesley Smith
Hi,
Does anyone know of any syntax highlighting editors for Lua on OSX?
Are there addons to textwrangler or textmate for this?

thanks,
wes

RE: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Jerome Vuarand-2
There's a vim version for OSX:
http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Graham Wakefield
There is a syntax coloring patch for xcode, check the link on this page: http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaEditorSupport

On Sep 27, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Jerome Vuarand wrote:

There's a vim version for OSX:
http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Karel Tuma
im pretty sure osx emacs does lua too.
and if you prefer more user friendly editors, bbedit with http:// www.mixicon.com/downloads/Lua_LM.sitx

On Sep 27, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Jerome Vuarand wrote:

There's a vim version for OSX:
http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Asko Kauppi

http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/

Highly recommended!

"These are the modes contained within SubEthaEdit: AppleScript, ActionScript, C, C++, CSS, Diff, HTML, Java, Javascript, LaTeX, Lua, Objective-C, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, SQL, XML"

http://www.codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit/modes.html

Wesley Smith kirjoitti 27.9.2006 kello 21.46:

Hi,
Does anyone know of any syntax highlighting editors for Lua on OSX?
Are there addons to textwrangler or textmate for this?

thanks,
wes

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

Stefan Brantschen

On 27 Sep 2006, at 20:46, Wesley Smith wrote:

Does anyone know of any syntax highlighting editors for Lua on OSX?
Are there addons to textwrangler or textmate for this?

TextMate has a Lua bundle. The language grammar (for syntax coloring) in the bundle out of the box requires some work, IMHO, but this is straight forward. I did a few changes, let me know if you're interested.

- Stefan

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editor

Adrian Perez-2
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 14:50:55 -0400
"Jerome Vuarand" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There's a vim version for OSX:
> http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

Well, a Âstandard console (non-gui) install of Vim 6.x is available by
default in every MacOS X box. Vim had Lua support for a long time. That
makes me feel at home when coding on MacOS X (I use only non-gui Vim,
in nearly *every* OS out there, but that's my personal preference, of
course!).

If you want an editor with Macintosh feeling, I would recommend
SubEthaEdit, too. I found GUI versions of Vim/Emacs for MacOS X very
disgusting compared to their console versions.

Another reason for using console editors: Everybody has a console (and,
as a side effect, you'll perform more and more tasks with the keyboard
as you learn how to use the editor -- the mouse make you slower).

Just my thoughts, hope nobody will feel harmed by them. Cheers,

--
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
                   -- RFC 1925

Re: Lua Syntax Highlighted editos

whisper-4
Wesley Smith wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone know of any syntax highlighting editors for Lua on OSX?
Are there addons to textwrangler or textmate for this?

thanks,
wes

SciTE not only has Lua syntax highlighting (and many ohter languages), it's got a built in Lua 5.0 interpreter as an extension language. Runs on Linux GTK 1&2 and Windows.

http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

Dave LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA